Predicament (big ferments)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago1948

Reaction score
I have two beers in primary and one blow off tube. Both beers are foaming up past the carboy cap. I have been changing the airlock on one every couple of hours for the past several hours but I have to go meet the SWMBO tonight.

Its about 67 degrees in my place and I can add frozen ice bottles to my ice cubes coolers. Cut my tube in half? Ice em down lower? RDWHAHB?

Any advice?

why dont you use 2 blowoff tubes? Homedepot or lowes sells tubing if you just dont have any...You can hook it through the carboy cap or take the bell portion off of a 3 peice airlock and put a tube over that. How many days have you been fermenting? If you add ice it will slow things down but 67 degrees is a pretty decent temperature. I would go the blowoff route.

I'm sure you can rig something into a blowoff tube. Maybe cut a chunk off of your siphon hose and then splurge $1.50 for a new one?

Back