For someone who is just starting out!! *time sensitive*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a really good deal! the starter kit plus a beer kit & a $25 coupon for another beer kit! All for the price of the basic brewing kit is a darn good deal.

Looks like a really good deal! the starter kit plus a beer kit & a $25 coupon for another beer kit! All for the price of the basic brewing kit is a darn good deal.

gotta love those guys. they're all about the good deals. they treat their regulars very well, and are actually quite helpful for such a large place. there's a couple guys there who're real solid dudes too, good brewers, cool guys, and they'll go outta their way to help you out.
the only downside lately's been that the computer in their grain room has been down for weeks, so you have to write your own receipts for the grains instead of getting a printout. no worries though, they readily apologize for the inconvenience and more than 'make up' for it at checkout.

no, i'm not affiliated in any way, shape or form. i just find the entire experience of Midwest Supply to be very good.

I agree. They're very helpful with questions,their shipping with Fed-Ex home delivery is really fast & things arive i very good shape. I also like their detailed descriptions of things they sell. Makes choosing hops,yeast,etc much easier. I've never had a problem with them.
At the distance I am from them,2 day shipping is pretty much a regular thing.

I did this groupon a few weeks ago, great way to start. It does not cover shipping, it just gives you a credit for the amount and you pay shipping. Still a great deal, I'm trying to decide on which brew to get with my $25 coupon. :)

That is a killer deal. They aren't making much $ on it with the $25 coupon for a second kit...they are counting on the lifetime value of each new customer. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Has anyone purchased this Groupon, but was able to use it for other things? For instance, does it work like a gift certificate or will or only purchase the beginners kit and beer kit?

I used the kit yesterday and am having trouble trying to decide which kit I want next!! What a great deal.

FensterBos said:
Has anyone purchased this Groupon, but was able to use it for other things? For instance, does it work like a gift certificate or will or only purchase the beginners kit and beer kit?

I think you can upgrade the kit but can t essentially cash it in. its how I got started... Not one negative thing to say about midwest...great!!

I think you can upgrade the kit
If true, I'd upgrade to a 7.5 - 8 gal primary bucket so blow outs won't be a worry and upgrade to an auto siphon. Should add minimal cost.

I was literally about to post this asking if it was a good idea as I've been pricing all the equipment and such out. I will be purchasing this for sure.

Ya, we bought their starter kit originally. Still use almost everything! I think we spent almost $60 on the kit and then had to buy ingredients.

strambo said:
If true, I'd upgrade to a 7.5 - 8 gal primary bucket so blow outs won't be a worry and upgrade to an auto siphon. Should add minimal cost.

Nah... Just asked...they said not this time.

Sweet! I'd take it if I hadn't bought most of it already! Anyone know what the shipping would be?

Edit: found where it says $12 for shipping

Back