and ... Cue Flying Saucer. - (first AG)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thataintchicken

Reaction score
ok.. it's not quite Plan 9, but today is:

First All-Grain Day.

I've been PM and extract till now.
This will be fun.

Brewing: Haystack Black Porter :mug:

then, if there is time, Death Brewer's Dunkelweizen. :tank:

I am using everything I have learned here on HBT. These will be EPIC brews, thanks to you all.

edit: Death Brewer's Stovetop method is too easy. Something must be wrong. :)

The things I've learned so far today.
1. I love my Thermometers - was able to nail my temps.
2. My ceramic stove top CAN do a Full Boil and hold it to temperature. Muuhahahahaaaaaaaaa
3. One can never have too many grain or hops bags.
4. Clean, Dry Towels are always your friend.

I can't wait till the exterior painting is done so I can get the process moved outdoors :) This is too much fun.

I really enjoyed Partial Mash brewing. Seriously, for quite a while I made some fine beers this way. But now... I feel more creative and I dunno, like I'm no longer a noobcake. I just need to convert my coolers that are in storage and I'm good to go.

Thanks to the Mods for fixing the title. Ed Wood references befuddled my fellow brewers it seems

Congrats on your first AG. Pretty cool, eh?

yeah, it is.
Strange that I have been brewing off and on since College ( for gifts and special occasions ) and have never really made it a serious hobby till very recently.

The yearly bottle of Tripel or Imperial Stout was always welcomed warmly by my friends and family ... next year.. wow. I can only imagine what the AG version will taste like. Might have to do both :)

Funny how a contract job, and the memories of home would reawaken the brewing bug. maybe it's genetic.. did learn to make wine from Grandma :wink

Back