E/SE Nebraska group buy 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im at work so I cant access the spreadsheet but can you put me down for 2 bags of Canadian 2 row? The 55lb bags for 34/each?

Thanks!

We are at about 1500 lbs right now. We were aiming for 2000 but we can close early if everyone wants to. Right now our shipping is at $0.14/lb but if we go to 2000lbs we can drop that to about $0.09-$0.10/lb. Let me know if we need to close this early. We have been running it for quite a while. Maybe the lack of interest is due to the new pick up locations? If we can get more interest in Lincoln I may be willing to make a trip on a Saturday to meet for orders drop off in Lincoln but we can work that out. Right now pickups are planned to be in plattsmouth or Gretna since Paul offered to take orders to his place. Keep me updated on what you guys want to do.

So I have 3 votes out of 8 for closing the order early and going with what we have. And then I have 1 vote for doesnt care either way. I'd like to hear from the other 4 of you just to make sure that you are all still with us. Please respond and let me know your vote or at least that you still intend to order because I would hate to close this and have people back out. Thanks.

THese are the people I have not heard from in a while and want to make sure they are still with us and some of the orders they had placed are bigger orders. If you know these people tell them to get in touch with me so we can close this.

Jesse Haen

There is still a few orders with hops on them currently but because we didnt garner enough interest to order 11lb bundles of hops so I will be deleting all hops from your orders. Thanks.

I will give Jesse Haen until the end of this week to reach out and confirm he still wants his order and then if I dont hear from him I will just drop his order. His order was 200 pounds though which will bring our shipping up a bit. So if you need some last minute things or want to work out some splits then lets do so by Saturday night and at 9pm Saturday I will lock the sheets and the total price listed will be the price you pay.

I have only had one person that needed to pay by credit card so I assume that PayPal is ok for the rest of you. After 9pm Saturday you can send your payments to [email protected] via PayPal. Please send your payments as personal (friends and family) payments to avoid fees. But if you are paying by credit card or via goods/services payment please opt to pay the PayPal fee yourself or add 3% to your total.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting this moving.

I will give Jesse Haen until the end of this week to reach out and confirm he still wants his order and then if I dont hear from him I will just drop his order. His order was 200 pounds though which will bring our shipping up a bit. So if you need some last minute things or want to work out some splits then lets do so by Saturday night and at 9pm Saturday I will lock the sheets and the total price listed will be the price you pay.

I have only had one person that needed to pay by credit card so I assume that PayPal is ok for the rest of you. After 9pm Saturday you can send your payments to [email protected] via PayPal. Please send your payments as personal (friends and family) payments to avoid fees. But if you are paying by credit card or via goods/services payment please opt to pay the PayPal fee yourself or add 3% to your total.

Last call today everybody. If you want to get an order in let me know. Even if you've never done this before you can still join up with us. This is the best way to get grain for cheap with cheap shipping.

After 9pm Saturday you can send your payments to [email protected] via PayPal. Please send your payments as personal (friends and family) payments to avoid fees. But if you are paying by credit card or via goods/services payment please opt to pay the PayPal fee yourself or add 3% to your total.

Well we are officially closed ladies and gentlemen. The totals on your sheets in the linked spreadsheets are your final totals. Please follow the quoted instructions to make your payments and as soon as I have everyone's payments I will place the order.

Order has been placed. Shipping wound up costing about $80 more than I thought it would because they are delivering to a residential address. So I ate it this time. Maybe next time I can get a local business to accept it for me so that we can get our shipping cost lower but we will see. I suppose I have plenty of time now that I know to plan everything out. I will let everyone know when grain shows up. Remember that Paul is willing to take some orders up to his place in Gretna so make sure you get in contact with him and also let me know if you need him to grab yours. Otherwise pick ups will be at my place in Plattsmouth. If you aren't a part of the email list you can PM me for that address. Thanks guys.

Grain Has arrived. I have the pallet at my home address now. If you are not on my email list then PM me for the address. I will be home all day today for pickups and can be available before noon tomorrow morning. I have a total of 4 orders that I know of going to Gretna when Paul picks up from me but the rest I assume are coming to my place for pick up. If you cant pick up today or tomorrow morning I will be available all day Sunday as well.

Now that the grain buy is for the most part over. I was planning to place an order for hops and yeast with Brewcraft. Probably wont want to order until about Labor day But I thought I would give you guys the chance to get in on my order so you can get it cheap and share the shipping just like in our grain buys. This buy is a bit different as there is no minimum order because shipping is done by UPS. But you can view the spreadsheet for these items here. This is of course not all inclusive as I just threw it together with what I thought people would want to see. They do have equipment available but the shipping on that would be rather high by comparison to everything else due to larger weights and dimensions. If you don't see something and you would like to then just pm or email me and ask.

Because this stuff is smaller, if you do want in and are in Omaha or the like I may be willing to do a group meet up somewhere to disperse items if you like or you can just pick it up at my place. The option is also there for me to receive and then reship to your place if you are in Lincoln at you expense as the shipping will be cheaper from plattsmouth to Lincoln.If you have questions just let me know. This wont be such an organized effort. More just me letting you piggy back off my orders. Thanks.

I have had a few people message me now about wanting to get a grain buy going again. This time I have the shipping bugs worked out so it should be cheaper for shipping but wanted to see how many other people would be interested in getting a buy going because I don't want to start one unless we can fill a whole pallet (about 2000-2300 pounds). Let me know guys. Delivery will occur in plattsmouth again but I dont mind making a trip to Lincoln to drop off the Lincoln orders.

Here is the link to the prices if you are interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kd6nqhNfIDj5dKY7IuBYj-1lwCZsYkIB7rftpTwoALU/edit?usp=sharing

Back