Pale malt extract options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsyoung

Reaction score
I have some extra pale malt extract laying around and am not interested in brewing any sort of pale ale at this time. I was wondering what other beer styles could be brewed with this type of extract? Thanks for any input

What styles do you like? With extra light extract and steeping grains, you can brew all sorts of beers.

you can use pale extract for most styles that don't require the lighter pilsner. I just made an imperial porter with pale extract as a base; with the right specialty grains and yeast pale extract will cover a LOT of styles.

You can brew anything with pale extract. When I brew extract beers, I only use light, extra light or pale extracts and get colors and flavors from the steeping grains. Use the extract like a base malt and add the appropriate amounts and types of specialty grains based on the style of beer you want.

Ok great I want to do some sort of porter so this will work out good with some specialty grains added to it.

Back