finished Fermentation Chamber / Brewing Cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G_Brew

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i've finished building my brew cabinet, looking for opinions and suggestions - my goal was to build it and spend the least money so i used any old stuff i had left over from other projects...

I used a small 5000 btu air conditioner, the thermostat wont let it go lower then 66 degrees, i may invest in an external controler... otherwise it seems to work very well... i'm brewing the first 2 batches in it right now, a wheat and brown ale

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a great video. I made mine in a very similar fashion. One difference is I have 2 dual stage temp controllers, one for the bottom and one for the top. I have the top temp controller hooked up to the AC and to a computer fan. I have the bottom temp controller hooked up to a heat lamp and another computer fan spinning the opposite way. The idea is to be able to run different temperatures for the top and bottom.

I want to be able to do a lager and an ale at the same time.

humm.. that's a great idea mcl, i never thought of that... 2 compartments with 2 different temperatures... i'm in Ontario, so i figured i would ale in the summer with the a/c unit, and lager in the winter with a heater to keep it above freezing... but i like your idea....

so you must have rewired the air conditoner like the walk in cooler "johnbeer" did.. what type of controler did you use? i can't get any lower then 66 degrees with the thermostat on the a/c i'd like to be able to get lower then that, so i'm thinking of getting an external controler

I didn't have to rewire the AC unit. I took the case off and mine had a adjustment screw for the thermostat. I have tested it down to 45 degrees (without the AC ever stopping). I am hoping (and fairly confident) I can go lower. I will test this when the weather cooperates. It has been over 100 degrees in my garage for the last month.
I have been using the "Ebay" controllers and they seem to work great.

Back