MD Fall Brewday -Nov 14th, Joppa MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, cool. I just checked with the wifey to make sure we have no plans already so i'll be there.

Whats everyone brewing?

Just a BTW, the weekend before on Saturday 11/7 is the "Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day."

seems like it would have been more fittig for that weekend. Not that it really matters.

Anyway, as the date approaches it occurs to me is there anything else one should bring with them, like food or whatever?

Just a BTW, the weekend before on Saturday 11/7 is the "Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day."

seems like it would have been more fittig for that weekend. Not that it really matters.

Anyway, as the date approaches it occurs to me is there anything else one should bring with them, like food or whatever?

I don't think that date work for some people. The thing every seems to forget it chairs.

Chairs, propane, extra burners -- always big hits.

Everyone brings a ton of homebrew, in spite of me having 3 on tap that need killed.

Digdug has to drink the whole bottle of that Lithuanian Mead before he's allowed to drink anything else...

Digdug knows who digdug is.

For food, we normally go out to Sheetz or the sammich guy brings us food. Who knows how it will end up. We COULD just get pizza (this place near me does a 24" pie) but someone's allergic to tomatos....the ******.

You may want to bring the host a 5g bucket of honey as an offering to the awesomeness - but that's your call. :p

Because that is what dig dug's do best.

I may be getting dangerous this time and doing a double batch. Depends if I get another beer brewed before the 14th.

I got plenty of foldiNg chairs and am bribing my burner and other various equipmet. Think I'm riding with yunus, or at least convoying.

I have some Scottish ale, some peat smoked ale, a few ordinary bitters, and A growler of my imperial stout to bring. Won't have time for the marzen to be done, nor the pilsner.

I'll probably bring some barley and hops brews with me as well.

I'll work on copius amounts of honey but I make no promises. Any particular type of honey preferred?

I got plenty of foldiNg chairs and am bribing my burner and other various equipmet. Think I'm riding with yunus, or at least convoying.

I have some Scottish ale, some peat smoked ale, a few ordinary bitters, and A growler of my imperial stout to bring. Won't have time for the marzen to be done, nor the pilsner.

I'll probably bring some barley and hops brews with me as well.

I'll work on copius amounts of honey but I make no promises. Any particular type of honey preferred?

About 50 pounds of whatever honey you can get should work.

does anyone need to split **** up? I need to get planning.... I was thinking, a brown porter (for when the bourbon barrels get in!) and maybe an oatmeal stout....... let me know!

does anyone need to split **** up? I need to get planning.... I was thinking, a brown porter (for when the bourbon barrels get in!) and maybe an oatmeal stout....... let me know!

I would be up for splitting something but don't want a brown porter.

I would be up for splitting something but don't want a brown porter.

Let me know what you want to make and I'll split it. I'll have the Blingman by then and I have tons of hops and grain. I have an American Amber recipe I want to brew or if you're up for something crazy I put together a 60% rye recipe the other night.

We'll need to bum someone large MLT or just do it in two 5 gallon MLTs.

Also I have a 42 qt cooler that I bought and put a hole in. Problem was I drilled the hole where the inside of the cooler slopes. I could never get it to seal right, but I'll bring it and anyone can have it if they want it.

what did you have in mind?

I wouldn't mind a stout but if you want to do that brown porter then I can split with ADX

Let me know what you want to make and I'll split it. I'll have the Blingman by then and I have tons of hops and grain. I have an American Amber recipe I want to brew or if you're up for something crazy I put together a 60% rye recipe the other night.

We'll need to bum someone large MLT or just do it in two 5 gallon MLTs.

I open to most things. I wouldn't mind doing something big with tons of hops. I have an MLT that should be able to handle just about anything. I think it is 60 qts but it might even be 72.

I wouldn't mind a stout but if you want to do that brown porter then I can split with ADX

I open to most things. I wouldn't mind doing something big with tons of hops. I have an MLT that should be able to handle just about anything. I think it is 60 qts but it might even be 72.

i have the recepie for the sam smiths oatmeal stout.... :D

I have never tried it. I just recently started liking stouts. I will get one this weekend and try and let you guys know.

Back