No label/White label AB beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barracudamagoo

Reaction score
Question for you guys out there? Came across a beer can today, it is all white/no label, pop-top style, and is made by A-B. Does anyone know what this beer is or when it is from? I did a quick search on google but came up with nothing. Thanks!

6a00c2251ce3f4f21900d4141de29f685e-500pi

???

Some people made generic beer many years, back when white label stuff was all the rage. I haven't seen anything like that except on ebay as a collectors item. Was this in a store?

Not in a store. One of the guys I worked with passed away a few months ago. When the new guy was going through his fridge he found it in the back. I'll try and post a pic up later tonight.

I know that after natural disasters AB will can water. the cans i have seen are all white with the AB logo.

I think you are right that it is water for disasters. It is an all white can, and the new ones may look lilke the can in the picture. The mystery has been solved!

They actually can it as part of a brewery's normal rotation and stockpile it for extended periods. Hopefully this image works...
AQTU201

this is true, but it is not part of a normal brewery rotation. certain breweries will can this around april in preparation for hurricane season.

it is a total PITA to can, since the chlorine is injected at the can line rather than batch added to the finishing tanks.

Back