2013 hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovesIPA

Reaction score
All of the hops that I can buy right now were harvested last fall, correct? (Except for southern hemisphere hops)

When can we expect to see 2013 hops on the shelf? Currently some hop suppliers are running specials on hops, presumably to make room for the new crop.

Would you buy hops right now, knowing that they're almost a year old? Or would you wait?

Some of the wet hops are coming in now, but I wouldn't expect the pellets for a few more months at least. Depending on the type, usually around November - January I think.

Hops Direct is releasing their 2013 Amarillo leaf today at 3pm PST from what I was reading. They said they'll have a couple other varieties available from 2013 as well.

They are already releasing this years harvest in leaf form. Pellets are usually around Novemberish it seems like...so a month or two after they start releasing leaf hops.

If you have beers you're waiting to brew I say get in on some of the great clearance deals and brew on sir. Just don't stock up for the next year or so...get hops you would use up fairly quick.

Back