Welches grape

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea on the OG for 4 cans of concentrate per gallon... i can't find concentrate around here just the bottles already mixed. Trying to figure out how to get close...

When I make white grape or white grape peach wines with 4 cans of concentrate the gravity ends up at about 1.08.

When I make white grape or white grape peach wines with 4 cans of concentrate the gravity ends up at about 1.08.

I am using this to create a starter for my first Skeeter Pee and was wondering what the F.G of the finished White Grape Peach ends up. My O.G was 1.075 and just looking to see when this is done so I can prep for Pee.

Secondarily, will cold crashing the gallon hurt the starter when I pitch to SP? Should I allow the lees to warm or just dump it in to the SP pre-mix?

First time doing this so just wanted to confirm steps.

I cold crash the gallon and the morning I go to siphon off the clear wine I just set it on the counter and rack that night so it is all room temp. This wine can be clear and done fermenting in as little as 2-3 weeks.

Arpolis, after sitting In the bottle for a week or so the flavor seems a lot better. Definitely drinkable at this point. How does this stuff age tho? Does it drastically improve? What's the longest you've aged a bottle of this?

Funny it doesn't last long in my home. It does get smoother and the flavor improves with time but I think my oldest bottle has made it to almost 3 months. I need to do a serious 3 - 5 gallon batch some time and hide some bottles. My problem is that I have only made this in one gallon batches.

So I sampled this tonight, 4 weeks from when I started(2 weeks fermentation, 2 weeks in the fridge) and over all i wasn't disappointed, but I have a distinct rotten egg smell. Any idea if this will go away over time, or if there is anything else i can do. Used staggered nutrients and fermented at right around 70°.

So I sampled this tonight, 4 weeks from when I started(2 weeks fermentation, 2 weeks in the fridge) and over all i wasn't disappointed, but I have a distinct rotten egg smell. Any idea if this will go away over time, or if there is anything else i can do. Used staggered nutrients and fermented at right around 70°.

Try tossing in a crushed Campden tablet. And wait a day or 2 to see if that helps.

Rotten egg smell is probably H2S a by product from many yeasts or SO2 which can also occur in many fermentations. Regardless there is too much sulfer in the wine so adding a Camden tablet (potassium metabisulfate) would not help. Do a little splash racking and mix in a little oxygen. That will help to dissipate the sulfer compound. Also taking a sanitized thick copper wire and mixing with that for a while I hear works as well.

I followed yoopers recipe to a "t", and it's only 2.5 weeks old. I cold crashed it a couple of nights ago, and I keep taking sneaking lil cups out, this is my first wine and I wanna see how it tastes. Tastes like a sangria, pretty tasty actually. My question is it is slight fizzy after a drink. I didnt stabilize or anything, is this cuz it is really not done? I'm not worried about it, just trying to learn about making wine.

That young there is probably still dissolved CO2 which is there just naturally from the fermentation process.

Brought a bottle of this to a friends house for a gathering and the group really liked it.

It was in the bottle for about a month and had a little sediment on the bottom but, no off tastes at all. Good stuff. No one believed it was from store bought juice concentrate. Thanks for the recipe Arpolis.

Latest posts

Back