What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35815891-2F2C-4A79-871B-73DDF2313814.jpeg

A new Proofing basket and other goodies.

Off topic here but is there a smaller testing jar that can be used with these standard hydrometer? 250ml seems like an awful waste or wort. Something just as tall but thinner perhaps? I have an older thin plastic test jar but has seen its day and will be sent to brew heaven soon and I can't find the likes of it anymore. Thanks

Off topic here but is there a smaller testing jar that can be used with these standard hydrometer? 250ml seems like an awful waste or wort. Something just as tall but thinner perhaps? I have an older thin plastic test jar but has seen its day and will be sent to brew heaven soon and I can't find the likes of it anymore. Thanks

They make 100ml graduated cylinders. You would have to check the diameter though. It would be enough volume as long as the hydrometer fits

Yep, 100ml measuring cylinders are fine - and are much of a muchness, I prefer glass to plastic though despite the potential breakability. I got a 250ml for my (fatter) finishing hydrometer but even that (just) fits my 100ml cylinder.

Three new fermometers (only needed two, but always nice to have a spare) for the new fermonsters, and some Lallemand Diamond Lager yeast cause it was cheap. Tomorrow and Friday should be getting the new co2 manifold, tap, and disconnects for the hopefully arriving this weekend new (to us) fridge to convert into a kegerator. Old one bit the dust last winter, and had to convert the ferment fridge into the kegerator. Now it's too warm to ferment in the garage or house, so ferment fridge is needed back online asap. Current manifold is a two-way with a splitter attached to make it a three-way; new one is a straight four-way so I can have three on tap and one dedicated for force carbing. Hoping I get to build a new kegerator this weekend.

Whats the craze with this Kveik?
It’s versatile and is known for fermenting fast when warm without fuesels
Whats the craze with this Kveik?
They are tried and true, temp control is not really an issue unless you can’t keep it warm enough, perfect for summer brews. Can ferment fast when hot (around 90F for many) without making fusels. Some strains are great for their fruity esters. NEIPA! Several ferment cleanly (Low esters) I’ve used 2 strains so far, and now have 2 more to brew with.

This didn’t show up today, it was a few days ago but didn’t get a chance to post till today. Came from Adventures in Homebrewing, and Brewhardware.com

Attachments

• 8D868C09-7C7A-4838-8DF3-4497106A3D50.jpeg
    8D868C09-7C7A-4838-8DF3-4497106A3D50.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back