apfelwien mixing thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot

Reaction score
Im curious what you guys have done to your apfelwine.
I have heard the sweetening, adding with sprite and thats about it.
I would like to start a thread with any concoctions you guys may have come up with on here. Post your recipes!

I dont have any at the moment as mine are still botlle conditioning. They have been in the bottles for about 3 weeks now and are getting better.

I used Brown Sugar instead of dextrose! Can't tell yet on the flavor but it is clearing and should be ready around the 4th of July.

I heard about a hot drink mixing it with some liqour but I cant find it anywhere. Anyone remember seeing this, or tried anything else

I made one with 1 gallon of "Orange Strawberry Pineapple" and 5.5 gallons of Apple juice.

Best stuff I made yet. Was the most favorite everyone liked!

Viva la revolution! :rockin:

good tips I am mainly looking for stuff to mix after you have it bottled and carbed, not for the fermenting

mot said:
good tips I am mainly looking for stuff to mix after you have it bottled and carbed, not for the fermenting

Take ideas from regular mixed drinks...

Mix it with:

Cranberry
Orange Juice
Pineapple Juice
Lemon Lime Soda
A couple Cherries or cherry vodka
a little coconut rum and lime?

And maybe try it warm... put some in a crock with some cinnamon and nutmeg. That would be a nice winter warmer.

Take a couple nights and do 2 or 3 a night to see how they taste.

More than that and you'll end up so shnockered you could piss in it and it would taste good! haha :cross:

Has any one tried any of the flavoring syrups? Would add these post fermentation?..Would like to make a batch more fruity for the women. Thanks in advance!

Splash of sprite,
Splash of ginger ale
Cherry syrup
Cranberry juice
Cinnamon sugar apple pie spice
Sparkling, over sliced strawberry

Orange juice for an awesome mimosa.

Unfortunately, I'm out of apfelwein at the moment, so experiments have slowed down.

Back