pacman verus us05 verus notty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
is pacman really that much different then us05? or even notty?

"Pacman is alcohol tolerant, flocculent, attenuates well and will produce beers with little to no diacetyl. Very mild fruit complements a dry, mineral finish making this a fairly neutral strain. Pacman’s flavor profile and performance makes it a great choice for use in many different beer styles."

both are said to pretty much be neutral strains.

ive heard that pacman is a mutated form of 1056(us05). i heard the same thing about notty(mutated form of 1056). both are said to probably finish lower then us05. but how different are pacman and notty compared to each other

if given a blind test taste of a pint of the same recipe(at same temps) brewed with pacman, us05, notty, and one thrown in twice......do you think you name which one was brewed with each yeast?

is pacman really that much different then us05? or even notty?

if given a blind test taste of a pint of the same recipe(at same temps) brewed with pacman, us05, notty, and one thrown in twice......do you think you name which one was brewed with each yeast?

.................. Nope

Pacman and US-05 are both great. Limited experience (my first extract kit) with Notty so I can't vouch but don't imagine it would be much different.

Back