How long till pressure builds up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudog

Reaction score
I am new to kegging and I think something is wrong with my keg. The last beer I hooked up to the line, I could hear it going into the beer and when pulled the release, I heard pressure. This time nothing is happening, No noise and no pressure build up. However I have only hooked thee line up for like 10 mins at 25 psi (Force Carbing).

Thanks

I am new to kegging and I think something is wrong with my keg. The last beer I hooked up to the line, I could hear it going into the beer and when pulled the release, I heard pressure. This time nothing is happening, No noise and no pressure build up. However I have only hooked thee line up for like 10 mins at 25 psi (Force Carbing).

Thanks

If you have it at 25 psi, check it in about 36 hours and it should be becoming carbed up. 10 minutes is unrealistic. When you pull the pressure relief valve, though, gas should come out. And when you open the gas, you should hear it flow into the keg. Are you sure you have gas in your tank?

Sprayed SS and found leak on the lid. All is good now thanks for the heads up.

Glad the OP got it figured out. Just for others that come upon this thread in the future: make sure that when you first hit your keg with CO2, that you do it with sufficient pressure to seat the lid. If you just raise it slowly to, say 12PSI, the lid might not seat properly, and you'll probably hear a continuous hiss from the CO2 canister. I think 30 PSI to seat the lid works (Yooper or someone else, please correct me if this is incorrect). Then you can release some pressure from the valve, and redial it in to 12 PSI or whatever you're going for...

Yup, that's what I do as well. Hit the keg with 30 psi until I hear the lid seat properly. I then either keep it at 30psi for 1 day before bringing down to 20psi for another 2 days, or I'll just bring it down to like 10-12 psi for a few weeks.

Back