Show us your SWMBO...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like my first one. Wife waited to wake me...finally did at 2 am, booked it to the hospital. She was 9 centimeters when we got there, an hour later my son was born. No times for any meds. She was a trooper!

Really? A QUICK labor makes for a tough SWMBO? ;)

My wife was in labor for 31 hours... yes, more than a day (I know the number because she reminds me quite often).

Anytime I dare to tell someone how I felt after being in the hospital that long, she reminds me that my only complaint was the stiffness of the chair they gave me with a look that can kill on its own. And in the middle of it, me and her father got drunk and dined like kings at a German restaurant. It still sucked!

I was more alluding to the fact that she did it without meds, which was her plan anyway. More so, she actually said it wasn't that bad. Yikes!

I was more alluding to the fact that she did it without meds, which was her plan anyway. More so, she actually said it wasn't that bad. Yikes!

My SWMBO said the same thing with our first. No drugs. She actually laughed through transition. The nurses thought she was drugged up. Unfortunately, she didn't have the leisure of 15 minutes of pushing. 3 hours and she finally pushed out an 11lb toddler. He asked for the keys to drive himself home from the hospital. :)

PlazaLights.jpg

TxBigHops said:
If you've never been called a hottie before then you are hangin with the wrong people. Your guy should be ashamed and he doesn't deserve you. I see you're in Boston. Maybe you need to move to the south where beautiful women are appreciated.

Well I am very flattered, and thank you for your concern, but I should've specified that my boyfriend adores me and tells me I'm beautiful every day. What I should've says was I've never been referred to as a hottie by the (respectable) general public. I say respectable because getting hollered at/looked at like I'm a piece of meat while walking through the city doesn't exactly make me feel beautiful!

Well I am very flattered, and thank you for your concern, but I should've specified that my boyfriend adores me and tells me I'm beautiful every day. What I should've says was I've never been referred to as a hottie by the (respectable) general public. I say respectable because getting hollered at/looked at like I'm a piece of meat while walking through the city doesn't exactly make me feel beautiful!

Well what do you expect them to holler at you, "Hey, would you care to sit down for some coffee so I can tell you how beautiful you are?"

And thanks back at you for calling me "...the (respectable) general public." I do believe that is a first for me as well. ;)

Well what do you expect them to holler at you, "Hey, would you care to sit down for some coffee so I can tell you how beautiful you are?"

And thanks back at you for calling me "...the (respectable) general public." I do believe that is a first for me as well. ;)

In fairness it's probably worthy of printing out, framing, sticking on the wall of your mancave and referring your wife to it now and again.

You know you want to see him in the fight club

LOL! I totally missed this post the first time!

And he's kind of cute, actually. Not that I go for dudes or anything, but he looks like a totally fun person to hang out and drink beer with.

Well, as long as he doesn't have the awful Bahston accent...

If you've never been called a hottie before then you are hangin with the wrong people. Your guy should be ashamed and he doesn't deserve you. I see you're in Boston. Maybe you need to move to the south where beautiful women are appreciated.

Sounds like someone has found some new fap material.

RipeforYelp22 said:
getting looked at like I'm a piece of meat while walking through the city doesn't exactly make me feel beautiful!

really? I think that makes me feel pretty beautiful :)

Is that a humpback? I inherited a Browning Auto 5 from my dad when he died. It's a bit shorter than that one. I think he had the stock cut down. I should join the gun club and practice on clays this fall. Lots of fun. But 16 gauge is a bit more expensive than the 12 gauge shells.

Is that a humpback? I inherited a Browning Auto 5 from my dad when he died. It's a bit shorter than that one. I think he had the stock cut down. I should join the gun club and practice on clays this fall. Lots of fun. But 16 gauge is a bit more expensive than the 12 gauge shells.

You know, I have yet to track down exactly which one it is. My grandfather gave it to me in mint condition last year. It's the Browning 12 that was made in Belgium with gold trigger so I know that much. Not sure what else..sometime in the 70s it was made?

You know, I have yet to track down exactly which one it is. My grandfather gave it to me in mint condition last year. It's the Browning 12 that was made in Belgium with gold trigger so I know that much. Not sure what else..sometime in the 70s it was made?

Production varied over the years. They started in Belgium but brought production to the US for WWII then back to Belgium after the war. Some were made in Japan in the 70's.

I see on their website that they are going to be selling a new model in summer of 2012. Similar look with an improved design and features. They have a cool video.

Production varied over the years. They started in Belgium but brought production to the US for WWII then back to Belgium after the war. Some were made in Japan in the 70's.

I see on their website that they are going to be selling a new model in summer of 2012. Similar look with an improved design and features. They have a cool video.

I'll check it out! Thanks

A picture of us at a friend's graduation party and being festive at Oktoberfest. She loves beer almost as much as i do luckily.

MeandMegan.jpg

383829_708711694378_976305268_n.jpg

That's a special woman you've got there. Mine was so much the same,even sharing a bottle of Josie Quervo gold & a bottle of roses' lime juice & 2 shot glasses. Our home brew was all good to her,till gestational diabeites caught up with her like poppa lobba.

Eloping 10 years ago:
wed4b.jpg

Now, living with 3 boys, she likes being a swinger:
SNC00610.jpg

Happy with a liter of porter at the Smoky Mountain Brewery:
SNC00579.jpg

And now for something completely different. A local pawn shop:
SNC00559.jpg

Furthermore, on the right, you see the hand of the SWMBO which made the bratwurst pie, which you see on my plate (she's left-handed).

I made the beer and put it into this fine mug. My son made a funny face.

SNC01079.jpg

Nice pics, cute family... but I'm curious as to the bratwurst pie; Would you care to post the recipe? (in the cooking section, we'll find it;) )
Regards, GF.

Back