2.5 gallon keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of these and have run 4 to 5 batches through each of them. They work great, put them in an igloo 5 gallon cooler to take to party's or picnics. They disassemble easily and clean up easy. Do have a little stain on top around handle weld, but otherwise look as good as new. Will probably purchase a couple more, great size for my uses.

I have 4 of the old style with the metal handles and they have worked well for me. Right now, they are empty, but I'm going to brew some small batch stuff soon and I'll be using them again. I think I would probably prefer the new style though. Those rubberized handles look like a lower profile and when stacked, they would be lower. I have a 7 cubic ft coffin keezer with no collar. You can't stack two of the old style 2.5 gal kegs. I can set one on the hump and the lid will close, but I can't stack two in the main compartment, they are just too tall. That is why I'm buying a mini fridge to convert to a kegerator for my 2.5g kegs.

Just recently Adventures in HomeBrewing had the 2.5g kegs with rubber top and bottom like a typical corny keg. They were running a special for $75 or $79

Just recently Adventures in HomeBrewing had the 2.5g kegs with rubber top and bottom like a typical corny keg. They were running a special for $75 or $79

I almost bought one, but I believe they were out of stock yesterday.

Seems like it'd be good for some apelwein or some sort of cider that I don't want 5 gal of

I have 4 of the model they used to sell with the metal handles. I was using mine to split batches. Now, I'm going to brew 8 gal batches and put 5 in a normal corny and 2.5 in a small keg.

Back