Wyeast 3724

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montanaandy

Reaction score
I brewed a Saison last Fri. with Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison. Took off like a rocket Fri./Sat. but slowed to a crawl after that. I have the carboy in a water bath that is about 83' which is as high as the aquarium heater will go. I have tried to rouse the yeast a few times each day but there is very little activity going on.

I have researched the previous threads on this yeast but am not certain what I should do. Should I take it off the yeast after a week? Should I leave it in primary for a few more weeks and then transfer to secondary? Should I leave it in primary for the entire time before transferring to keg? How would I get the fermentation back on track if it is stuck - I can't go any higher temperature-wise?

Any advice from those who have successfully used this yeast in the past would be greatly appreciated. Montanaandy

I have some in the fermenter right now. Brewed it two weeks ago with an OG of 1.065. Great start with high ferm temps, then stopped at 1.040. This is normal, and after watching it for 7 days, its back in action. If something really wrong did happen, pitch again, or add brett for some funk.

Nanobru - I am assuming that you have kept it at the same temp when itnstarted back up again, no?

It will be interesting to see this hopefully startbup again. If it doesn't I will pitch something in addition to get things going again. Thanks, Montanaandy

Back