Homebrew Club on Long Island and Queens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in the Bronx just over the whitestone/throggneck bridges. I'm just getting started but wouldn't mind hanging out with like minded fellows.

The next BEER (Brewers East End Revival) meeting is on July 16 at around 7:30pm at John Harvard's in Lake Grove. They meet on the third Monday of the month alternating between Jon Harvard's and Brickhouse Brewery in Patchogue. Next month will be at Brickhouse.
The next LIBME (Long Island Beer and Malt Enthusiasts) meeting is tomorrow at 7:30pm at the Clare Rose Facility in Yaphank. They meet on the first Wednesday of the month. This month it fell on July 4 so they postponed the meeting one week.
The last LIFE (Long Islanders for Fermentation Enjoyment) was last night. Their meetings are at 7pm on the second Monday of the month at Black Forest Brew Haus in Farmingdale.
If you would like to meet members from all three clubs as well as members from a new club that started this year that I do not know much about, get tickets to the North Fork Craft Beer Festival on August 11. It will be at the Martha Clara Vineyard in Riverhead. I attend every year. It is a beautiful place. All clubs bring homebrew for sampling. I highly recommend this event! Information for this event can be found at northforkcraftbeerfestival.com. If distance is a concern, Tapped Enterprises has a bus going out to this event. Information about this can be found at longislandpubcrawls.com.
I hope this helps.
Enjoy.

I attended the LIBME meeting last night at the Clare Rose Facility in Yaphank. That is a huge place. We were treated to some local brews and given a full blown tour. What a great experience!
In addition to the Beer Festival at Martha Clara Vinyards mentioned above, there were some other events in September that were discussed.
On Saturday, September 8, there will be a Beer and Music Festival at the Brookhaven Amphitheater. Home brews will be served in addition to commercial local brews.
On Sunday, September 9, the Long Island Local Challenge Beer Festival with beers made from only local ingredients will be held at Garden of Eve in Riverhead.
On Saturday, September 29, there will be a home brew competition held at the Long Island Fair in Old Bethpage. The fair runs for four days but the competition is only on Saturday. They are going to require two unmarked brown 12oz bottles to be submitted for judging. It will be run according to BJCP guidelines.
As more information comes out about these three events, I will post them here.
So, get brewing!

On Saturday, September 29, there will be a home brew competition held at the Long Island Fair in Old Bethpage. The fair runs for four days but the competition is only on Saturday. They are going to require two unmarked brown 12oz bottles to be submitted for judging. It will be run according to BJCP guidelines.
As more information comes out about these three events, I will post them here.

Anyone happen to know if they post the results online? Hope this event was a success for all involved.

-Josh

Anyone happen to know if they post the results online? Hope this event was a success for all involved.

-Josh

damn, i was reading about this event back in july, wish i had entering some bottles in let alone attend it! im over in Huntington and would of been a breeze to head over there.

hate living smack dab in the middle of the island never any good events, great craft pubs around here. all out east or in brooklyn

EDIT: beerfields and livingsocials beerfest were great events with alot of great beer and great people. really enjoyed LIBME stand with there diff homebrew offerings. the "limey" ale was a lil to "limey" IMO though

Back