Anyone have a Hop Rhizome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarmike7495

Reaction score
Hey guys I really want to start growing some hops, but all stores (even online) are out of stock. Were I live the weather should be good enough to start growing now, does anyone want to sell me some or give me some? Thanks guys!

Rhizomes are typically cut in the spring and replanted in the same season. I doubt many people are going to dig up part of their plants mid-summer to chop off a rhizome.

Hey guys I really want to start growing some hops, but all stores (even online) are out of stock. Were I live the weather should be good enough to start growing now, does anyone want to sell me some or give me some? Thanks guys!

See if you can find a local that's growing and offer to take some side-arms off his/her hands. You can then get them to grow some roots and plant 'em to give you a head start on 2012.

Cheers!

ps: Summit's a cool little town! One of my sons lives in New Providence with his wife and one of my grandkids and we've often gone over to Summit to hit the wine store on the main drag and then go across the street to the Italian restaurant for dinner...

Back