Beer Festival keeping beer cold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jprag

Reaction score
hey everybody...got a bit of an issue..not sure if this is the best place to post...but you know more that anybody..
A few of friends and i are orginizing a litte beer festival in a litte hot country in central america..
we will have a few brews from the states, a few homebrews etc..like 20 taps..
This is our cooling logistics.
So we will keep the kegs in a cold storage until the day of the fest....outside the fest we will have a cold truck storing the kegs cold..
As soon as a kep is empited we bring it from the truck and put it inside a plastic trash can with ice..right under the wooded bar..
Here is the issue..we just bought all the chrome towers..thinking it would look nice and pro... so the beer will go from the botttom about 1 meter to the tower.. I use a kegerator for my hombrews but the tower comes straight from the kegerator
Investigating more and more...just realized the issue with the lines...they will be exposed in the distance from the keg to the tower, in the warm south american hot weather..
Am I in trouble?? will i be serving hot and foamy beer? We spent a lot of money in those towers and would not want to spend them again in jockeys

any help? or ideas?

Tks

If your going to be pouring a beer every few minutes it shouldn't be a problem.

so long as you are consistantly pouring the lines shouldnt get a chance to warm up. You could put a computer fan in to blow the cold air up the tower though if you are concerned. I suggest a test run beforehand for... research drinking purposes.

Back