What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last one for tonight

1395191284198.jpg

Four Dales Pales, one hard cider, and one Founders Imperial Stout while watching the Wild whoop the Islander's tonight. 6-0 final.

Be aware, there are.... Interesting purchase rules in PA. As in a case at a time. If you are near a wegmans, they at least have the ability to do a mix six.

That being said, how long are you in DC? There are some great choices to visit - happy to try and meet up if you want.

I think we're just overnighting in DC...maybe hit a couple museums for the kids before heading out. Wegman's is always an easy sell for me! They're pricey, but the food bars are great and there aren't any near me. I really don't want to buy cases of beer...they can't sell individuals or sixpacks at the breweries? Crazy! Oh well...maybe a Troeg T-shirt at the brewery and buy the beer I want at a Weggie's. Thanks for the info and suggestion...even SWMBO likes Wegman's!

Had bottle bucket dregs of both my Lamebic and Berliner Weisse. Almost 2 years in the fermenter for the Lamebic, and 4 weeks (after sour mash and boil) for the Berliner. Both very sour, and both delicious.

Didn't realize this stuff was made in Brevard, NC. Seen a lot of the Ten Fiddy being consumed here...unfortunately, that wasn't on hand at the Trader Joe's, but I grabbed a can of this Scotch Ale. Probably the first CAN of beer I've bought in decades...and pretty good! 8% ABV, malty, but not terribly sweet. I like it.

DSC04365.jpg

Cracked the Ten Fidy and Curmudgeon tonight. Also got a much needed Pens win to cap off an uneventful 34th. I forgot how good both those brews are!

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Cracked the Ten Fidy and Curmudgeon tonight. Also got a much needed Pens win to cap off an uneventful 34th. I forgot how good both those brews are!

Happy birthday! Seems like every birthday post-kids has been uneventful for me. I think that's a good thing. Maybe? At least no horrible decisions made hahaha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Pineapple coconut rice wine. I usually let it age longer but decided to crack open a bottle early to test. Very, very good!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395196931.503572.jpg

Good things in Michigan. This is one of 'em. Very big aroma, nice bittering and a citrusy finish. At 7% and this flavor, I'll do it again.

DSC04366.jpg

Happy birthday! Seems like every birthday post-kids has been uneventful for me. I think that's a good thing. Maybe? At least no horrible decisions made hahaha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

You speak da troof brotha! The last 7 birthdays have been quite tame. Lets see what Friday brings!

Mind sending me the recipe for that version? Sounds fantastic and about to brew up a couple gallons in a day or two

After straining the wine off of the rice I just flavor to taste with 100% pineapple coconut juice. Then I bottle, pasteurize and stick all bottles in the refrigerator. It's good young, but usually best after a couple months.

After straining the wine off of the rice I just flavor to taste with 100% pineapple coconut juice. Then I bottle, pasteurize and stick all bottles in the refrigerator. It's good young, but usually best after a couple months.

What brand you use? And thanks bud!

What brand you use? And thanks bud!

I use this. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395199059.367668.jpg
When added to the wine it forms some goopy stuff, but don't let that scare you. Once it's bottled, pasteurized and refrigerated, everything settles to the bottom and you're left with nice clear wine on top. Don't drink the solids though. Not a good taste.

We're using our ahl goalies.
Then again, half the team is call-ups, so they should be used to playing together?:confused:
Second pour of white ipa

Could be worse. We could have given you Holeby instead of Neuvirth. Thanks for Halak by the way. :mug:

Still nursing the last of this MO/Willamette SMaSH bomber. I overcarbed it a bit, but once it gets down to proper low English levels, the stale hops become barely noticeable, and this ends up a really nice beer.

We're using our ahl goalies.
Then again, half the team is call-ups, so they should be used to playing together?:confused:
Second pour of white ipa

Yeah, I was just gloating over my Blues getting Miller from you. The logo on the glass does not show very well in photo.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395200926.937980.jpg

The Blues haven't had a goalie that can steal a game since CuJo....

So, I drank this crazy carbed thing last night, thinking it was my little single bottle experiment lemon strawberry fermented thing. I thought at the time that it had more strawberry to it and that it had a little hops in there...that it shouldn't. So, I reach in the fridge tonight and guess what I pull out? Now I've got a mystery...my inventories are right and I had a mystery bottle! I can only guess that somehow a bottle of my strawberry blonde ale that I just bottled a few days ago got stuck into the fridge and wasn't ever counted. Whatever...relax and pop a cap!

DSC04348.jpg

DSC04367.jpg

I think we're just overnighting in DC...maybe hit a couple museums for the kids before heading out. Wegman's is always an easy sell for me! They're pricey, but the food bars are great and there aren't any near me. I really don't want to buy cases of beer...they can't sell individuals or sixpacks at the breweries? Crazy! Oh well...maybe a Troeg T-shirt at the brewery and buy the beer I want at a Weggie's. Thanks for the info and suggestion...even SWMBO likes Wegman's!

You can get sixers at breweries - and Troegs even lets you put together a mixed six as well. At Troegs I would recommend hitting whatever Scratch series they have on tap (hopefully they will have one when you are there.) Those are the small batch experimental stuff that is usually very good.

*edit* - on the coffee...

Back