sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenspider

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I am a noob but I have made a couple of observations and wonder if I can get some feedback?
It seems that cleaning and sterilizing is a major chore. How do you all go about accomplishing this task?
I was thinking I need a really large sink to get five gallon buckets, carboys and the rest of the toys done up right.
Whats an easy way to do this?
I also think I need to build a dedicated area to brew in, preferably near the utility room for access to water and sink.
Any good ideas here?

Thanx

it's not that huge of a chore after you get a system down. i wash most stuff with a hose in my yard and my buckets i can wash in the regular sink w/o much trouble. get starsan for your sanitizer and put some in a spray bottle, makes sanitizing a snap.

I have a laundry sink and a floor drain in my basement. I use a hose and nozzle attached to the laundry sink faucet. This provides hot water and spray down capability. I don't have to worry about getting the floor wet. I also have a couple of the big plastic tubs with the rope handles that I can use to soak hoses, bottles and larger items. I also use a five gallon bucke for this. Cleaning is not that much trouble really. It does require attention to detail, but not much elbow grease if needed. Cleaning as you go helps to make it much less of a chore.

Thanks for the tips guys.
I especially like the idea of putting it into a spray bottle.
That seems like it would make it fairly simple/easy.

I've got a El Mustee 24"x36" mop sink mounted on a 24" pedestal. I think this is the best money I've spent to date - I can clean kettles, carboys, and coolers all without making too much of a mess or straining my back.
main.php

I've got a El Mustee 24"x36" mop sink mounted on a 24" pedestal. I think this is the best money I've spent to date - I can clean kettles, carboys, and coolers all without making too much of a mess or straining my back.
main.php

That....is a sexy looking garage....

Ho hum, off to lowes I go!

Currently I use an old cooler as a sink and clean up in my driveway. Eventually I plan to install a laundry basin in the garage. There is already a wet wall (bathroom on the other side) so it shouldn't be too hard. Pluss I have three brothers-in-law that are plumbers.

Back