First Brew - First Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
I'm going to go back and add bottle date and alcohol percentage later.

Didn't really want to name it as it's an extract kit and not my own recipe. I've got some clever names for future batches once I get the hang of it.

It's a lot clearer than it appears on here, especially the "stay gold". Don't know why it turned to crap on flickr. oh well.

2729735905_40eb9010a1.jpg

I take it it's illegal to brew beer in Mississippi still. Very cool label. Kinda looks like a Russian propaganda poster.

Nice label.

I know a Chef Chris, however he's in Michigan.

Does the government of Mississippi not have an ear for the proletariat's plight?

No?

TO ARMS I SAY!

Nice label ;)

yup, STILL illegal. On top of that we STILL have a 6% cap on beer.

I hate this place.

Great looking label fellow Mississippian. Where ya located?

Where'd you get the graphics for that (the paper and the people)? Was the red already on the paper or did you add it in Pshop? If you did, good job.

I love MS, but geez louise we could change more than a few things to make it more livable.

Schlante,
Phillip

Ps I sent you a private message with some contact info for a homebrew club, meba.com, and msbrew.com.

I chose the name for 2 reasons. It is from the Outsiders "Stay Gold, Pony Boy". But, more than half my friends are straight edge (don't smoke or drink). It's become the hip thing to do down here. I constantly have discussions with them about it, but usually just make fun of them. I don't mind what choices you make, but when you start pressuring everyone else that it's the thing to do, then it's just worthless. In other states there have been violent attacks on kids that don't agree.What's the point of a 13 kid being straight edge? That's not straight edge, that's under age. Anyways, I get real sick of hearing about this fad so I thought I would name my "brewery" Stay Gold Brewing. The kids use it as their own slogan for "staying pure"

STAY_GOLD.jpg

staygold2.jpg

I made it on a program called Flexi Sign. I use to do graphic design for a sign shop here in town, once I left I had to get the program for myself. You get pretty good after using for 2 years.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Sweet label and tat's, fellow Mississippian! I agree with others' comments as well. The MS government does need to lend an ear! Hell, the county I'm in is still dry....no beer or liquor! Crazy, I know. I love this state, but like ya'll said, there needs to be some changes to make it more livable.
Cheers,
Sgt. Major

I chose the name for 2 reasons. It is from the Outsiders "Stay Gold, Pony Boy". But, more than half my friends are straight edge (don't smoke or drink). It's become the hip thing to do down here. I constantly have discussions with them about it, but usually just make fun of them.

First, I really dig that label.

Second, (you've probably heard this if you like to make fun of straight edge kids, but just in case):
Why do you have to take two straight edge kids fishing with you?

If you only take one, he'll drink all your beer.

Didn't really want to name it as it's an extract kit and not my own recipe. I've got some clever names for future batches once I get the hang of it.

First, nice label :mug:

Second, name it if you want. You brewed it! That same extract kit brewed by ten different brewers will give ten different beers - similar, but different.

Good work

I'm going to go back and add bottle date and alcohol percentage later.

It's a lot clearer than it appears on here, especially the "stay gold". Don't know why it turned to crap on flickr. oh well.

2729735905_40eb9010a1.jpg

Easy there killer....I hate the beer laws here too, but Im a true MS kid!!! Easy bout the bashin this place ( God's Country)...by the way I really like the label
!!

Easy there killer....I hate the beer laws here too, but Im a true MS kid!!! Easy bout the bashin this place ( God's Country)...by the way I really like the label
!!

Well, I am NOT a true MS kid. I was born in Florida and moved here. I see you're from Jackson. I've been there a couple times and it seems there's a lot more to do. I live in a place called Guntown. We have a Post Office. There is nothing to do anywhere near here. I'm sorry you took offense to me not liking Mississippi ... but I hate it here. There's no two ways around it.

Back