Anyone near Lawrence have a corker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looneybomber

Reaction score
I ran into a small problem. I have some beer I need to bottle, but because I am not drinking for 6wks, I am not emptying out bottles. I don't have enough cappable bottles, but I have plenty of Belgium bottles if only I had a corker. Is there anyone in the area with a corker I could use/rent?

What side Lawerence you on? I have a hand corker I could sell you dirt cheap if you want to meet up in Overland Park later this week. Should work for Belgium bottles.

If not, one thing I have done with beer in the past is get the plastic Champagne caps from the HBS and wire twists. They work pretty decent.

I'm near the middle of lawrence. A few blocks from 23rd and Iowa.

What kind of hand corker are you talking about. I'm not too familiar with corkers.

Dug around last night and couldn't find my old hand corker :(. Will look some more tonight.

If not I have a Portuguese I may loan out, but you'd have to meet me in OP. I don't drive to Lawrence anymore after last time I got stopped out there. I stay out of that town. May see if anyone closer has a corker.

The old hand one I have is a clamp/swing style. Can never find anything when I want it around this house.......

Meeting in OP is not a problem at all. My wife and I will make a "date night" out of it. Let me know what you come up with (find) and we can hash out the business end and the logistics of it then. If you want to take this to PM's and then phone, we can do so.

Back