In Baton Rouge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guidry

Reaction score
Actually Denham Springs, but close enough.

Just got back into brewing......Brewed up probably 10 batches back in the 90's and then family and other issues interfered. Started a new batch on Jan 4 and bottled it yesterday. Just a simple extract ale recipe, but it definitely planted the bug again. Saved the last 12 oz to "sample" yesterday. I can honestly say it was pretty tasty. I was expecting problems due to rusty practices, but it came out pretty good.

Anyway, nice to find this place as I'm sure questions will be cramming up my brain.

Got my eyes on a good dark batch for my next one.....Any suggestions?

you brewed Jan 4th (16 days ago) and you're drinking your last 12oz as sample? Or you saved 12oz from the boil pot? Hopefully you didn't brew, bottle and drink 5 gallons in 16 days?

you brewed Jan 4th (16 days ago) and you're drinking your last 12oz as sample? Or you saved 12oz from the boil pot? Hopefully you didn't brew, bottle and drink 5 gallons in 16 days?

Nooooooooo!!! :) I saved the last 12 oz as I was finishing up bottling yesterday (Jan 19) and drank it. Planning on letting it condition for 2 weeks before I pop one open. I may treat myself to one after 7 just to check the progress, of course.

Welcome! Living in Denham Springs myself! There are a few of us that brew at work.. not AT work, but ya know what I mean. Should try to get a big brew day together.

Latest posts

Back