kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docmoran

Reaction score
is a 5 lb co2 tank too little or should you go to a 10 lb for more money -- do you have to change the smaller out so often that painful etc even if running 2 5 gallon kegs?? Is a third regulator for gas remaining in tank worth the extra cash??

A 5# tank will work just fine. You will easily get between 8-10 full kegs with that size tank.

i use a 5lbs and it last me a few kegs until i have to refill. in my opinion don't get the third regulator almost pointless i think.

mckbrew and gumby - thanks for the info - its what i needed to know

What ever size tank you get, have two. When it goes empty at 8pm during the SuperBowl, the gas shop is closed, and your guests are thirsty having a spare tank is gold.

What ever size tank you get, have two. When it goes empty at 8pm during the SuperBowl, the gas shop is closed, and your guests are thirsty having a spare tank is gold.

or plan ahead and make sure your tank is filled prior to the superbowl starting

It costs nearly as much to have a 5lb cylinder filled as it does my 15lb cylinder.
Don't ask me why, the fool at gas place couldn't explain it either. Thats why I use the 15 for my kegerator, and I use the spare 5 for purging kegs for storage and cleaning.

They charge mostly for the labor- I know my 5 is about $10, my 20 is about $14. I bought my 5 with the intent of using in the fridge, but received 2 20 tanks for free :) Having a spare is a big plus!

Back