Great Deal in Boston for Stuff I Don't Need

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
So I found an ad on Boston's Craigslist and all of the stuff below was at first poorly described and the person had no idea what they were selling, additionally there were no pictures. I e-mailed them asking for pictures and got the picture currently included in the ad as a response. The kit includes:

a Co2 cylinder
2 cornie kegs
a 5 gallon carboy
immersion chiller
and tons of other misc stuff

Originally this entire setup was listed at $50, but by the time I got an e-mail back he said someone had agreed to pay $75 for it. I took a look at the picture and knew why. I didn't need any of the other stuff, but really wanted the kegs tank and regulator so I offered him $75 just for that stuff (still a great deal)

Now I went to double check the post and it has been updated with a picture and the new price for everything is $100, which is still a good deal. My moral dilemma is, should I continue to get into a bidding war with a phantom homebrewer on the other side of the internet for stuff I don't really need (I have 14 kegs and 2 CO2 tanks) or let someone get an amazing deal.

Anyway here is a link to the ad. What would you guys do?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/for/783876890.html

Also if this happens to be one of you guys, let me know so I am not upbidding you.

my opinion is that there is no other bidder that he is just trying to get as much money out of you as he can. I would say if you dont need it then dont get it and let him realize by him trying to screw you he screwed himselg. But then again I am a pessimistic a-hole so i could be completely wrong.

Back