Cider Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jua164

Reaction score
Hi All

This is my first batch of making hard Cider and I have a few questions.

Firstly. The receipe calls for sugar to carbonate it. I will be kegging it and force carbonating it. Do I still need to add the sugar to the keg?

Secondly the recipe states to leave it 3 months after bottling. Do I need to leave it 3 months in the keg? If not how long do I have to leave it before I can start drinking it?

Thirdly If i do have to leave it 3 months in the keg, do I have to keep the keg refridgerated? If not what should be the ideal tempreture to store it?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Gary :mug:

I forced carbed my Cider and samplied about a week after carbing it. I have noticed that the longer it sits the better it gets. Since I was kegging it, I didnt add the sugar. I have a large chest freezer converted so after kegging I kept mine cold. Hope this helps

You don't have to keep it cold. put some real effort into waiting for it to mature, because if you don't, you'll be kicking yourself while you drink the last glass and realize how good the whole keg could have been. I just tried my most recent kegged batch super carbonated (carbed at 35psi/40F) and it is REALLY yummy that way.... Hard to pour, but the apple flavor dances around like the best champagne I've ever tasted.... only better.

Latest posts

Back