Maine Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwpumo

Reaction score
I am definitely not new to this forum, but I wanted to quickly introduce myself, since I am now a full member.

I have been brewing for about 5 years. I started (like most) with extract at my house while in college. I then went to all-grain right away, doing 10 gallon batches. I realized soon that I had bit off a little more than I could chew since at that point I was living in an apartment with the world's smallest kitchen. My mash tun was a converted rectangular cooler with a PVC manifold. Not a bad tun, but no HLT and tough to clean in such conditions.

So after alot of frustration, I stopped brewing for awhile until I moved into my own house (where I am now). To get back into it, I have done several extract brews that have come out great! I have several kegs and a keggerator as well.

Recently I built a new Mash Tun and HLT (thanks to the easy cooler to mash tun conversion on this site). So I am back in action and starting to put together some different recipes. I have 3 going right now (Blonde, IPA, and Dogfish 60 Minute Clone). This is a great site and I appreciate all of the information you all have to offer. Keep it up and I hope to contribute where I can. :mug:

Hi Maine brewer!! Southern NH brewer here! I saw your post and just thought that I would say hello. Where abouts in Me. are you from. Just asking because it has been had for me to meet other homebrewers here in the North Country for some reason. Have a good one and Cheers!!!!

GiraffeBrew said:
Hi Maine brewer!! Southern NH brewer here! I saw your post and just thought that I would say hello. Where abouts in Me. are you from. Just asking because it has been had for me to meet other homebrewers here in the North Country for some reason. Have a good one and Cheers!!!!

I'm up in the Rockland area, basically mid-coast (on the water) . My sister lives down in north berwick, pretty much on the border, so I'm down that way quite a bit.

Howdy Maine Brewer!

Colorado brewer out here origionally from Sanford. Just left Portland and Fore Street Restaurant to move out to the Rockies and settle in for a bit! I'm knew to the forum and just happened by ya. Hope to learn and contribute myself wherever possible!

Cheers!

:tank:

I know right where Sanford is. I've never been to Colorado, but it sounds great, lots of microbreweries!

I think there are quite a few homebrewers around New England, but probably not a ton of them online. As it says in my previous posts, I have been brewing for quite awhile and really can't get enough of it at this point. Makes me want to start up a business in this area, either as a brewery, brewery/pub, or some sort of homebrew thing....

Hello Rockland.....Madison here. I spend alot of time in your neck of the woods. In the summertime that is.

dwpumo, I think most of us, here, would also love to have brewing turn into a way to make a living... Hell, I've only been brewing for a few months and I'd love to do that.

Bet you have a good contact for lobsters up there...

I have family up in Wells, and York, but don't get up there too often... I was up in Freeport last July and really want to move up into that area, or even more north (or Down East)... Been trying to get away from the Ma$sholes for some time now... Just can't seem to get a decent job up there. :drunk:

BTW, welcome to the boards...

Back