Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, do you foresee yourself having any ball-lock corny kegs for sale at pick up this time? If so, how much are you looking to get for them?

I will see if I can get some more ball lock cornies for the pick up. Thanks for asking.

How much are the cornies? I may be interested in a few depending on price.

How much are the cornies? I may be interested in a few depending on price.

it depends on if I can get them and how much they will charge me. They are getting harder and harder to find. I'll inquire next week and let everyone know.

Just wanted to comment here since I have everybody's attention, I brewed a beer that my wife actually liked and asked for a glass of. That never happens!

bmason1623 said:
Just wanted to comment here since I have everybody's attention, I brewed a beer that my wife actually liked and asked for a glass of. That never happens!

I'm still waiting for that to happen! And yes I will post a update about the NS hops when I get back in town.

Demon said:
So what was the winning brew?

A Bavarian Hefewiezen using Wyeast 3638. She seems to like those wheat beers like hoegarden, alagash, etc. A little late in the season for this style but that's ok.

Bill, would you have any random keg parts? I need a dip tube and a keg lid. Maybe you've stripped parts off a dud keg? If no, that's cool.

Retrofit said:
Bill, would you have any random keg parts? I need a dip tube and a keg lid. Maybe you've stripped parts off a dud keg? If no, that's cool.

No dip tubes. I have spare lids but they don't have a pull ring or lever style relief mechanism. Instead, they have a automatic safety valve. You would need to relief pressure through the gas-in side. They hold pressure just fine.

It's like you read my mind. Quarter it with all four of us, or just the 3? Or have 2 50:50 split sacks? I'd prefer to not have a whole half sack and would be fine with a quarter, but you're the one who wanted it, so your call.

Chose the 12th just because I get paid in the middle of the month(s).

For what it's worth I'd be fine with 4 way split. I am just psyched to be getting a bunch of grain! This winter has just become bearable. Bring it on!! -- I'll be in the garage brewin' . :ban:

I'm sure we will all be huddled over our banjo burners brewing and trying to keep warm during the long winter. I think I may brew up a bunch of lagers.

Hi Bill I just submitted my info for purchasing for this group buy on the page could you approve for me to view it when you get a moment. I also have to say thanks for what you have done for us with these buys and bringing together so many homebrewers in the chi area.

I am going to add another hop to my order as the Nelson Sauvin filled quickly, see page 7 of this thread.

11 lbs NZ Pacific Jade.

See link below for description think Citra with a twist
WWW.nzhops.co.nz

4 - Neopol
1 - TheBreweryUnderground
2 - ThirstT
1 - Kieran
1 - Demon
1 - BMason1623
1 - Ghoti

0 - remaining

Forstmeister check with ypaul2000 when he returns, I filled my NS in order of post following my original.. its likely one of has a cancel.

bmason1623 said:
A Bavarian Hefewiezen using Wyeast 3638. She seems to like those wheat beers like hoegarden, alagash, etc. A little late in the season for this style but that's ok.

Please share the recipe...

We all need that brew that the non-beer-geeks love...we need more converts..

I usually get them with a very malty spicy 9% dubbel...

starman said:
Put me down for 2# NS.

As for the crystal rye, I've found it to be one you want to limit. I got 10# or so of Simpsons from Two Brothers and really any more than 1# per 5 gallon batch is too much 'wang'. If memory serves, that 40% centennial / simcoe rye pa you tasted last buy probably had 1/2# / 5gal.

That said, I'd be willing to do a quarter sack or so.

Thanks for the opine' seriously Trish and I both thought that tasted great, and have trying to work a ryePA into our fermenters.

Thomas Fawcett Crystal Rye
I'd like a 1/4 or 1/2
1/4 sack - Starman
1/4 sack - wagz

Any other interest?

wagz said:
Neo - Id do a 1/4 of the rye.

I don't need any full sacks this time but will fill out some splits.

What other splits are you thinking I was gonna brew shop some other really dark and roasted stuffs?

I am open to pretty much any. Last buy I got a sack of crystal 40, and wegz took a bit of, so I have almost all of that still.

I've been itching to brew, but need to finish the rest of my new rig.

Neopol said:
I am going to add another hop to my order as the Nelson Sauvin filled quickly, see page 7 of this thread.

11 lbs NZ Pacific Jade.

See link below for description think Citra with a twist
WWW.nzhops.co.nz

4 - Neopol
1 - TheBreweryUnderground (pls confirm)

6- remaining

Forstmeister check with ypaul2000 when he returns, I filled my NS in order of post following my original.. its likely one of has a cancel.

I'd like to get in on a pound of pacific jade if it's still available!

ThirstT said:
I'd like to get in on a pound of pacific jade if it's still available!

In fact, I'd like two if they are available. Thanks Neo

Anyone need rice hulls? I'm finally out of what I bought in the first group buy.

I'll do a pound of Pacific Jade as well.

4 - Neopol
1 - TheBreweryUnderground (to be confirmed)
2 - ThirstT
1 - Kieran

3 remaining

I'll take a pound of pacific jade also. I'm in for 3 pounds of NS with ypaul but can give up one pound if someone else wants it

Pacific Jade is accounted for... jump to page 10 for count

Nelson Sauvin is accounted for jump to page 7 for count.

Anyone want to go halfsies on a Honey Malt?

Side note, by chance has the code that runs the group buy been open sourced? I didn't get a chance to finish my group buy site before having to travel for 45 of the last 60 days (Approx 6500 miles driven in traveling since last group buy), and wouldn't mind contributing to what exists instead of finishing my app if interested.

bmason1623 said:
I'll take a pound of pacific jade also. I'm in for 3 pounds of NS with ypaul but can give up one pound if someone else wants it

Forstmeister was asking for 1 of NS but I was already full

I'll give up a pound of NS. I would like to get in on the PJ if possible

How are the splits working in the database? Should the splitting parties agree upon it here and then enter in 0.25 or whatever in the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back