Paul's Hot and Spicey Pasta.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
Ok, this is a recipe that every guy, from Alton Brown on down, should have in their armamentorium. It's fast. It's simple. It's cheap. And it's WICKED good. The only drawback to this recipe is that it is rather "full flavored', and you and your SWMBO !!!!MUST!!!! both enjoy it together,or else you and your mega-garlic breath will be sleeping on the couch.

Coarsely chop 6-8 garlic cloves. Put them in a saucepot with one cup of olive oil and very SLOWLY raise the heat. By slowly raising the heat you infuse the Olive Oil with the garlic, instead of 'cooking' the garlic. When the OO just starts to brown the garlic, toss in a whole bunch of flat parsley, finely chopped, plus 2-3 (edit) Tea (/edit)spoons of hot red pepper flakes and a tablespoon of salt. Heat it for a few (3-5) minutes. Pour the entire pot of happiness over a pound of your favorite cooked pasta ( I like spagetti, but I'm Irish, WTH do I know) and toss to coat. Pour the whole mess out onto a platter and toss on a cup of grated cheese and some of the reserved chopped parsely. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread and a red wine that will stand up to the dish. Add a couple of candles and you will send me PM's blessing me.

Be prepared for...

(A) A SERIOUSLY impressed female on the other side of the table,

( Bad breath. World class bad breath. IT's good but it's wicked bad at the same time.

© CHILDREN!!! Take all nescissary precautions.

(D) Requests for more. Print out the recipe and hide it where she won't find it and know how simple it was. Bask in the glow!

PTN

You're welcome.

Sounds good. We have a staple in our house: same recipe as yours, but we add:
2-14 oz. cans of diced tomatoes right when the garlic is browned.
Then we add 1.5 tbsp of coarse salt.
Then we throw that over some of that low carb barilla penne (it's actually
great pasta, I promise)
Put some fresh mozzarella (comes in a ball) on top.
2 tsp of red pepper flakes
Microwave 90 secs
Add fresh basil

This is one of those things I can eat 5 days a week with zero difficulty. I highly recommend it.

Latest posts

Back