carboy caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrugCoder

Reaction score
Are these just as good to use with a 3 piece airlock as a universal carboy bung? I'm looking at getting a 5 gal better bottle for secondary and for some apfelwein. Will these work okay with the better bottles as well as the glass carboys that I already have?

I can't speak for Better Bottles, but they're great for glass carboys. The'll hold an airlock with no problem.

Buford said:
I can't speak for Better Bottles, but they're great for glass carboys. The'll hold an airlock with no problem.

And the second outlet can have a standard tubing attached to it for a blow-off.

I'm not positive, but I swear I saw once that they would fit...

They make siphoning VERY easy - as long as you're going into or out of a carboy.

I just checked- the orange carboy cap fits the 6 gallon better bottle. The larger carboy cap (for the glass 6.5 gallon carboy) does not.

Lorena

Oops- thanks for the correction- the carboy cap for the LARGER carboy does not fit. The orange one does.

Yes, the Better nottle uses the same size for the 5 and 6.
The Glass has 2 different sizes for the 5 and 6.5.

IIRC the 6.5 is smaller then the 5?

The smaller cap is for the larger carboy. The 3 and 5 gallon carboys have a larger opening than the 6.5 gallon ones.

-edit- They work great!

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
I don't think they'll work with Better-Bottles. 99-44/100% sure.

My bad, I checked when I got home from work and the orange carboy cap fits both the 5 and 6 gallon Better-Bottles. Sorry for my bad assumption.

Back