• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RIMS Unit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebl

Reaction score
I have upgraded/modified my RIMS unit, so the old one is for sale. I have completely disassembled and cleaned everything. You'll get the parts, and because I don't know the exact orientation of your setup, I'll save assembly for you.

8" x 1.5" Stainless nipple
2 x 1.5" Stainless tees
2 x 1.5" to 1/2" Stainless bushings
1.5" to 1" Stainless bushing (to mount the heating element)
1.5" Stainless plug

Here is what you'll get, minus the element.

3040302344_1ca00496b3.jpg

Once everything goes together, it'll look like this (minus the heating element):

3040302768_6c2d2259cd.jpg

I used a 4500 watt low density element from Lowe's. Worked fine for my 10 gallon RIMS setup with only 110v AC.

Asking $75.00 shipped for the parts, interesting trades considered.

Hey Davebl,
When you did 10 gallon batches with this thing did you ever use it to raise temp up to mash out? If so how long did it take to get the temp up there?

I am just thinking of building one and I am trying to determine if this is the way I want to go.

Hey Davebl,
When you did 10 gallon batches with this thing did you ever use it to raise temp up to mash out? If so how long did it take to get the temp up there?

I am just thinking of building one and I am trying to determine if this is the way I want to go.

I could hit a 10 degree increase in about 25 min. I also direct fire, so that coupled with the RIMS could get my mash to 160 from 152 in about 10 minutes.

Back