Best flavorful honey for a light colored mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My absolute, all-time favourite varietal honey is acacia. It's very light & very floral, it's also very expensive here in MT, but you might be able to get it cheaper where you are. Orange blossom isn't as light in color, but it certainly makes a fine mead. Regards, GF.

Meadowfoam. Fresh orange blossom. Fresh Tupelo. Those are all good.

ill be in Naples all week and really want to buy a large amount of orange blossom. im thinking of 60lbs. do you know the average cost per pound in your area?

thanks.

For me it always winds up being about $3 per pound. I hear about it being cheaper at times but I never seem to be able to catch it. As gratus fementatio mentions, orange blossom may not be the lightest color. To get it light, it has to be really fresh as it seems to darken fairly quickly with age.

ill be in Naples all week and really want to buy a large amount of orange blossom. im thinking of 60lbs. do you know the average cost per pound in your area?

thanks.

You might contact these people: http://www.walkerfarmshoney.com/ I've never done biz with them, but they're in Ft. Myers. What better place to get honey than from the apiary? Regards, GF.

Back