bent dip tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowirenut

Reaction score
I received my first kegs today..used threw ebay
some dents...no big deal. Pulled the relief valve..had pressure. Hmm that's good they held pressure threw shipping.
One had a tiny bit of Pepsi still in it (defiantly Pepsi smell to it) the other had about 12oz of some sort of soda still in the bottom. Did a quick rinse with hot water to inspect the inside.

Found this in the pepsi one.
IMG_20130306_191604_zps00d36e43.jpg

The tube is not centered and appears bent....but I am assumeing it had to pass Pepsi's inspection.

So is it a problem or just think of it as a way to keep from sucking up sediment?

The problem will be cleaning it, typically I like to remove the dip tube to clean it out with a brush. Probably not necessary but I like to do it.

You could see about reaching in and straightening as best you can, I can't fit my arm inside my kegs though. A good thorough rinse and oxiclean/pbw soak will remove a lot of that old soda smell.

Cool deal! thanks all!

two ball lock kegs for $93 including shipping...figured a few dents and things.

Back