Adding Taps to Kegarator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rapt0rBrown

Reaction score
I was given an kegarator by a friend who got married and the wife kicked it out of the house. It is the standard one tap that fits a half keg (sadly he used it for miller light). I have used it for a couple months having one brew on tab on top and another you needed to open the door.

I was looking at it tonight and I think it is capable of holding four soda kegs two pepsi and two coke. It is not the best looking and was wondering if anyone has modified one of these to have multiple taps?

I have seen a couple 4 tap towers, but wow.. At $300 I would build something completely different.

Anyone have suggestions? I have an xmas party that would be really cool to have 4 homebrews available.

Thank you in advance,
-Andrew

I have been doing the same for my kegerator, it will hold 3 ball lock kegs, but only came with single tap 2.5" tower. Being the cheap bastard that I am, purchasing a new 3 tap tower is out of the question, and trying to come up with a cheap diy option that would look good with the black and stainless look of the kegerator has left me with opening the door all the time.

There are a lot of people on here who have built their own toweres using PVC piping. Do a search for PVC tower and it will probably show up.

PVC is cheap and then all you'd have to do is by the faucets, shanks and tubing.

Get a toilet flange and 3" insulated PVC pipe drill three holes for taps and get the tower adapter kits. Paint the whole thing black.

I used this guy to make my single tap a triple. I am really happy with it. If you have very large tap handles it can get crowded, but that was the only flaw.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/draft-tower-extension-1-to-3-faucet-conversion.html

Go with this, or just buy the 4 tap tower. Sounds like you have a commercial grade, which I also have. I bought one with 3 taps and haven't looked back. It's classy, simple, professional looking. And it's great to have that many beers on tap. Just remember it's best to spend the money to do something right, and have it look good, than to cheap out on something and have it look like garbage and not work properly.

So I am thinking the northernbrewer draft tower extension is my best bet. It is only three, but it is only going to be about 80 with all the connection parts. Does anyone have a picture of it? I want to make certain before I purchase.
Thank you,
-Andrew

Nate.. Thank you.

I am going to order and will let everyone know about the quality. This looks almost too good to be true.

read the reviews on the williams one. The four faucets are evenly spaced around the tower instead of all crowded toward the "front".

Nate, thank you!

I received the tab yesterday and it is very nice and exactly what I needed. I will be installing it some time next week.

Back