kenmore 7.2 keezer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybrewer09

Reaction score
I received my order from kegconnection today. 3 525PC's with shanks and all the pieces to build my keezer. Now all I need is the freezer. Sears has the Kenmore 7.2 cf freezer on sale till Tuesday for 171.89. Has anyone converted one of these to a keezer, if so how many ball locks will it hold? I have searched the forum and seen every other brand used, no one has used a Kenmore.

I am looking at this one as well. Looks like this one just released for Sears in February. We are going to look at it tomorrow.. let you know what I find out.

Hey, I grew up in Sparta, IL. Love that Mississippi River. Drank my fair share of brews at the bypass. Ha Ha. Parents still live in Perryville.

Cool let me know please. All the Sears around here wont have them for another week but said I could pay now and pick up when it comes in.
I actually grew up in Coulterville. I spent plenty of time in Sparta and have drank my share of beer by the river. The unofficial name of my brewery is "River View Brews".

Went to our Sears yesterday to look at the Kenmore 7.2. Out of stock was told they hae "discontinued" this model. Interesting considering it was just in their sale flyer on Friday????
Anyway, we went the the Frigidaire from Best Buy. It was on sale, picked it up for $187. Wasn't at the store so still don't know how many kegs will fit. Let you know when it arrives. Here's the link if your interested.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Frigidaire+-+7.2+Cu.+Ft.+Chest+Freezer+-+White/9757311.p?id=1218202121298&skuId=9757311&st=chest freezer&cp=1&lp=2

I looked at the kenmore a few weeks ago. It is about worth the sale price. The ge is far better quality though. Just the door quality differences is night and day. Maybe it was the floor model, but the kenmore door was very flimsy and the liner was loose and coming out.

I might go measure some freezers this afternoon. I'll report back with what I find. I want to put 3 ball locks and a 20lb co2 tank on the floor, which is close to the size of a corny.

That's funny that they told you the Kenmore was discontinued. I called them yesterday and they told me they would have them in Thursday or Friday.

The stores around here don't seem to stock freezers at all. Nothing I was looking at was actually available in store. I went to Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy, and HH Gregg. Lowes had the Holiday 7.0 for $219. HH Gregg had a nice compact looking Haier 7.1 for $188.99, but none in stock, only the floor model. That one is available online and they'll ship it to the store for pickup. I had some paper circles for sizing kegs and that one will easily fit 4 on the floor. It's roomier than the Holiday. I'm reluctant to buy another brand/model online without being able to size it up in person first, so I'll probably go with the Haier.

Hi

Just picked up a Kenmore 7.2 cu ft (model 18702) at Sears. It's not a bad little freezer. The lid is reasonably sturdy and it's not got a big lumpy handle on it like the 8.8 does. Both hold 4 ball lock kegs in the well / off the hump with no collar. The 8.8 is just a bit taller, so it's maybe the better one if you aren't into collars.

Bob

Yes. I can also confirm the latest Kenmore 7.2 cubic foot chest freezer DOES hold 4 ball lock corny's on the floor. (Like a Glove). The freezer also feels pretty sturdy and well made, despite the Kenmore reputation.

(Freezer purchased off Sears website March/April of 2012 during a weekend sale for appx. $180)

Hi

A little more fit data:

The ball lock kegs are roughly 8.5" in diameter. A pin lock is larger. A 1/6 barrel commercial keg is also larger. Four pin locks will not fit in the 7.2 in the well. Four 1/6 commercial kegs will not fit in the 8.8 in the well. Three 1/6 commercial's will fit in the 8.8 with a ball lock.

Bob

Hi

One might ask - what happens if you go large? The Kenmore 14.8 cubic foot freezer is 1) white not black (yuck) 2) another $100 over the 8.8.

You can get 8, but not 9 ball lock corny's in the well of the 14.8. Six 1/6'th barrel kegs look like an easy fit. Based simply on the tape measure, two 1/2 barrel kegs also should fit. It will fit the 17" Miller / Coors kegs that give everybody fits with the smaller freezers.

White ... yuck.... need some spray paint fast ...

Bob

heres a pic of the one I just threw together using the 7.2 kenmore, ill be able to get plenty of kegs for me in there, 4 on the floor and then either a 5th on the hump or a lagering secondary. the plan is once I get in the new house I will cover it in 1x10 red oak, and build an apron out of the same to put it on castors. I will also move the co2 to outside to make room on the hump. A temperature controller is on its way and will arrive wednesday so until then I just monitor the temps manually and switch it on and off as necessary

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

I am looking in to purchasing the 7.2 kenmore from sears, as it is the lowest price I have been ever to find brand new. How many 1/6th barrel kegs will I be able to fit in there with a 5lb co2 tank?

just ordered this tonight.

was gonna order in black but that was another $50 so I figured I would paint it like I did my previous 5 cuft keezer

If I built a collar, could I get 4 ball locks on the floor and 1 on the hump for a total 5 ball locks in the 7.2 kenmore? Sorry to bump an old thread, but the info is much appreciated as I may buy it this weekend.

I received my order from kegconnection today. 3 525PC's with shanks and all the pieces to build my keezer. Now all I need is the freezer. Sears has the Kenmore 7.2 cf freezer on sale till Tuesday for 171.89. Has anyone converted one of these to a keezer, if so how many ball locks will it hold? I have searched the forum and seen every other brand used, no one has used a Kenmore.

Not sure if your question was answered since I didn't read all the comments. But I have the same freezer and I can fit four ball lock kegs staggered maybe two more on the hump if you build a collar.

I started building my keezer with the Kenmore 18702. It fits 6 ball locks but its super tight -- there is no wiggle room. I may have to remove some plastic molding so the kegs can more easily side in an out.

Fits 4 perfectly without collar. Fits 5 with about 8.5" collar.

Back