Tap-A-Draft owners, please help...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bstacy1974

Reaction score
So I went to my local kitchen supply store last night to pick up some chargers for my TAD system. Not really paying attention to what I picked up, I left the store with the iSi Cream chargers.
These things make whipped cream with N2O, nitrous oxide. I know they will function in my dispenser, but will nitrous ruin my beer?

It won't ruin it, but it won't carbonate it either. Unlike CO2, nitrous doesn't absorb into beer very well.

I have two mini keg taps and one takes the smaller chargers, 8 gram I think. I always used the one that took the smaller cartridge and nos to push the brew. It will work fine and you might like it better.

-cheers

Thanks guys. I primed the bottle, so I just need the pressure. Just making sure that the N2O didn't oxidized the beer.

Ah, as the bottle's already primed, you should be just fine. You might even like the nitrous addition.

Latest posts

Back