Corrupting our daughter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parents owned a small winery in CA from the time I was little. By the time I was 7, I was slave labor in the wine making business. For a long time, for me, alcohol equaled work. I would have little tastes as part of the process here and there, but I didn't start drinking heavily until I joined the service ;)

I've been taking my daughter to "say hello" to the beer since she was 2 1/2. She loves to go down into the basement workshop/brewshop and say hello to the beer and watch it bubble. She then runs up and tells Mommy that she said hello to the beer.

I posted this in the label forums but just recently took one of her drawings (she is now 4) and made it into my next label. She loves it. I hope someday she remembers that I not only played with her and took her places but that I included her in my interests.

mischief2small.jpg

My 11 yo loves to help (until she remembers that there is a lot of "down" time).

Yeah, my daughter loses interest during the less exciting bits of brewing and goes off to watch iCarly. Currently her favorite part is mashing in and the last time I made a hop addition without her, I got yelled at.

Back