What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finishing my floccing home brew. Home made mango salsa. Jalapeño status.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393107689.650418.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

This Hoppin' Frog Barrel Aged Oatmeal Imperial Stout is some good stuff. Initially it seems like it is going to be way to warm (I'm sure from the whiskey barrel) but the harshness never materializes. It's very smooth.

Glad you like it. Might have to pick one up for myself sometime...

Glad you like it. Might have to pick one up for myself sometime...

I expected it to be good but I'm surprised by it. Like I said, when it hit my tongue, I though "here comes the heat", then it mellowed right out. Exceeds m expectation.

Now, the bomber of RIS I'm holding onto from fins cannot exceed expectations. I am honestly thinking it will be the best stout I've ever had. I am amazed I've let it live this long.

I expected it to be good but I'm surprised by it. Like I said, when it hit my tongue, I though "here comes the heat", then it mellowed right out. Exceeds m expectation.

Now, the bomber of RIS I'm holding onto from fins cannot exceed expectations. I am honestly thinking it will be the best stout I've ever had. I am amazed I've let it live this long.

Im surprised as well :D

Salt water, yes. I'm the type of person who has to be in extreme pain to take an asprin, so you know I was in bad shape to try that ridiculous thing. I went from "I want to die" to "I feel 100%" in about 2 minutes. I am amazed.

EDIT: This RIS will probably put me back into wishing for death.

I am a huge fan of the neti pot. I used to get chronic sinusitis and now I can actually sleep and breath through my nose with no problems. Yes, it is the weirdest damn thing but it works!

I am a huge fan of the neti pot. I used to get chronic sinusitis and now I can actually sleep and breath through my nose with no problems. Yes, it is the weirdest damn thing but it works!

It's like voodoo. I was really hurting last night and tried the neti but I was so clogged up and swollen that it couldn't pass through...it was useless. I then tried it again this morning and it flowed through like it was supposed to. I was cleared right up but attributed some of it to the Dayquil I took earlier. But things started getting stuffy again at my kid's soccer game. As soon as I got home, I did the neti again, this time with just table salt...no DayQuil involved but I was instantly right as rain.

On topic...the bottom of this Hoppin Frog RIS bomber.

2013 STONE DOUBLE BASTARD. I'm too lazy to take a pic, and upload, right now.

Survivor from my Chicago trip. They distribute here but I have never seen it sold package here.

Sent from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393111232.984787.jpg

Homemade mango floccin salsa. Bring it. Sloppy Sat. Boom.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393111389.881653.jpg

This Hoppin' Frog Barrel Aged Oatmeal Imperial Stout is some good stuff. Initially it seems like it is going to be way to warm (I'm sure from the whiskey barrel) but the harshness never materializes. It's very smooth.

I saw some at the package store yesterday for $16 per bomber. Does that sound about right? Right now drinking Lagunitas Sucks.

I don't use hops in my salsa. Who cares? Smacked Saturday

I saw some at the package store yesterday for $16 per bomber. Does that sound about right? Right now drinking Lagunitas Sucks.

A) I am not familiar with this brewery, it was a gift from BGBC.

B) I don't usually buy bombers, so I'm a bit unfamiliar with the pricing.

C) But it's damn good and about 10% ABV, if I recall the label correctly.

Yea that's about right, a bit under what I've seen it going for at some places.

Drinking a buddy's dubbel with dates and date syrup. It's pretty dry, assuming from the extra sugar.

Heading to the wife's work party in a bit. Fingers crossed for good beer but I don't have high hopes.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393113194.439165.jpg

My cousin and I polished off a bomber of nugget nectar and this growler of society and solitude number 5. We have a 750 of a Kane brewing stout on deck!!!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393113190.915101.jpg

Thats a good price for it.

First heady and you dis obeyed the rules. SMH :(

The first drink was from the can, but I didnt want to stir up the dreggs that much :D

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing. Brewing my last beer with Conan tomorrow morning. I've done three in the past already. :D

Yeah I cant wait to try a brew with it, if it turns out. :mug:

fins, I have to ask: are you a student at KState? When I was an undergrad, I was up to my my eyebrows in Natural Light, I wouldn't have dreamed of drinking the stuff you drink. But, then again, I was an undergrad 20 years ago...

fins, I have to ask: are you a student at KState? When I was an undergrad, I was up to my my eyebrows in Natural Light, I wouldn't have dreamed of drinking the stuff you drink. But, then again, I was an undergrad 20 years ago...
Im only going part time at the moment, going back full-time in the summer. I drank my share of budlight but got into craft beer about a year ago. Not many students drink craft but I have converted a few already :mug:

Im only going part time at the moment, going back full-time in the summer. I drank my share of budlight but got into craft beer about a year ago. Not many students drink craft but I have converted a few already :mug:

I went to grad school part time, about 4 years after graduating with a BA. Worked full time while going to a demanding doctorate program, but I was glad to have beer money as a grad student...especially living in Chicago. Craft beer wasn't quite then what it is now, but I am thankful that I met Larry Bell as an undergraduate and had funds to hang out at Goose Island in grad school.

I went to grad school part time, about 4 years after graduating with a BA. Worked full time while going to a demanding doctorate program, but I was glad to have beer money as a grad student...especially living in Chicago. Craft beer wasn't quite then what it is now, but I am thankful that I met Larry Bell as an undergraduate and had funds to hang out at Goose Island in grad school.

I know what you mean. I took some time off of school to work fulltime and the extra money really helps, especially for the beer budget. Its a good thing you didnt go to grad school at Kstate, they wont allow you to have a job :confused:

I know what you mean. I took some time off of school to work fulltime and the extra money really helps, especially for the beer budget. Its a good thing you didnt go to grad school at Kstate, they wont allow you to have a job :confused:

Two of my best friends in Chicago were K-State grads...who were big Jayhawk fans. Never understood that. But my choice of grad school was because they were famous for their night program...at the time, the CEO of McDonalds was a product of our evening program.

Two of my best friends in Chicago were K-State grads...who were big Jayhawk fans. Never understood that. But my choice of grad school was because they were famous for their night program...at the time, the CEO of McDonalds was a product of our evening program.

Yeah i have a friend who is at KU med after being at kstate four years. Its just wrong haha.

Back