Danstar Wheat yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b33risGOOD

Reaction score
I have two questions. Made my first wheat beer, and I have heard the fermentations are very very active. Well I have krausen after less then 24 hrs but less then the ales I have made up to this point. Could this be a sign of a problem?

The O.G. was 1.057 at 75f. Yeast was pitched at 73f and primary is sitting in a room temp of 63f. I do have little airlock activity.

Second unrelated question, i have fruit in my primary in a bag. Part of the bad is above the wort. Will the fruit go rotten? and if so will my beer go rotten?

I was surprised the first time I used that yeast. I was also expecting a larger krausen, even though I had it at the low end of the temperature range (62F). The beer is fine.

I'd try to get all of the fruit down into the wort. I wait until the fermentation is over before adding the fruit bag, that decreases problems.

Back