Nothing that can kill you can grow in your beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! This is what im talking about ANSWERS! not "because i said so line"

DUDE, I GAVE YOU TWO LINKS OF THIS INFORMATION IN MY FIRST POST IN HERE...THOSE THREADS ARE FULL OF JUST THOSE THINGS. Did you even bother to look?

Every time you bring up some BS like this, I GIVE YOU SOURCES, do you EVER bother to look?

THESE.

Dangers of Homebrewing

And some more info here

Did you bother to look???? It's full of just those citations. I don't just "say so" unless I can back it up with FACTS. There are articles from medical journals, interviews with Bamforth, all that ****, right there.

glad to hear it wasnt the beer :rockin:

Well as stated before I had previously had 8-10 bottles of that same beer and it was fine. So I was pretty sure it wasnt "the beer" but maybe "that bottle of beer". Anyway. First couple of mouthfuls were hard to swallow, something psychological, but i just manned up and got on with the business of drinking it!

Even if it was the beer, I'd drink it to train my stomach to be an unstoppable beer container, capable of digesting any homebrew. Never stop training your beer drinking skills. The stomach should be a beer warrior.

I like this....I may print this up and post it on my kegerator.

DUDE, I GAVE YOU TWO LINKS OF THIS INFORMATION IN MY FIRST POST IN HERE...THOSE THREADS ARE FULL OF JUST THOSE THINGS. Did you even bother to look?

Every time you bring up some BS like this, I GIVE YOU SOURCES, do you EVER bother to look?

THESE.

Dangers of Homebrewing

And some more info here

Did you bother to look???? It's full of just those citations. I don't just "say so" unless I can back it up with FACTS. There are articles from medical journals, interviews with Bamforth, all that ****, right there.

Hahahaaaaa...... any who here is another one

I aint no troll!!!! and im not closed minded! last time im saying it! So your saying if i question something im a troll? You have to be joking right? I guess im ignorant too and arrogant and dumb! What else you wanna add to the list? I dont think i have ever felt not welcome more in my life!

The real issue here is that you have a personality type (at least one that comes across via your posts) that does not fit the requirements of an internet discussion forum. I'm sure you're a nice guy in real life or I'd give you the benefit of the doubt at least, but it doesn't work through text.

My dad is exactly like this but then again, he's almost 60 and didn't grow up learning how to dodge internet indifference and borderline hostility.

You've got to learn how to navigate through the irony, sarcasm, and disagreement and not get butt-hurt.

The real issue here is that you have a personality type (at least one that comes across via your posts) that does not fit the requirements of an internet discussion forum. I'm sure you're a nice guy in real life or I'd give you the benefit of the doubt at least, but it doesn't work through text.

My dad is exactly like this but then again, he's almost 60 and didn't grow up learning how to dodge internet indifference and borderline hostility.

You've got to learn how to navigate through the irony, sarcasm, and disagreement and not get butt-hurt.

I know. Im not going to argue that one bit b/c thats how i am....Yes i do need to work on that for sure but it doesnt help when people come off so abrasive.

DUDE, I GAVE YOU TWO LINKS OF THIS INFORMATION IN MY FIRST POST IN HERE...THOSE THREADS ARE FULL OF JUST THOSE THINGS. Did you even bother to look?...

Facts that don't fit one's preconceived notions are likely to be ignored... especially if said facts require even the slightest bit of effort to obtain.

I know. Im not going to argue that one bit b/c thats how i am....Yes i do need to work on that for sure but it doesnt help when people come off so abrasive.

The discussion forum tones vary from mildly abrasive to downright caustic depending on what the hobby is and what particular forum you're talking about. Notice I didn't start the range at anymore welcoming than mildly abrasive. You've got to thicken your skin to at least cope with that level and keep working on it so that you can enjoy more boards.

This is the environment so you either adapt or leave and miss out on the potential benefits. We're talking about making alcohol here... which inevitably gets consumed before during and after participating in the forum. Use that as a guide to understanding some posts.

The discussion forum tones vary from mildly abrasive to downright caustic depending on what the hobby is and what particular forum you're talking about. Notice I didn't start the range at anymore welcoming than mildly abrasive. You've got to thicken your skin to at least cope with that level and keep working on it so that you can enjoy more boards.

This is the environment so you either adapt or leave and miss out on the potential benefits. We're talking about making alcohol here... which inevitably gets consumed before during and after participating in the forum. Use that as a guide to understanding some posts.

This man speaks the truth. One of the other major forums I hang out at is disboards.com - where they speak Disney World stuff all the time (yes, I'm a Disney nut). You'd be amazed at how people can get about that subject!

That reminds me of my neighbors from another time & place. We'd be having a kegger for the 4th,They'd be talking about their latest trip to Disneyworld. I'd start talking about all my travels around this country,& the things/people I've experienced. They'd just brush it off with something like,"really? Huh,that's nice". Came off sounding shallow & narrow minded to me. I thought it was good of pop taking us to all these wonderful places to see what our country is really like.
Having said that,I think Disney world or the original might be fun someday.
So it's about the same as all the times a thread turns into an argument over who's righter than you...c'mon folks,we can do gooder than that.:D

Haha, wow, what happened to this thread...

I read the first post and then scrolled down to reply and everybody is yelling. Too many daytime brews, folks?

Anyways, I'd say ol' Charlie would say RDWHAHB. In his book 'Micro-Brewed Adventures' he goes on about how he is drinking this hand-made beverage concoction in Africa somewhere out of a plastic jug. It is as unsanitary as possible, and he forces himself to repeat in his head 'No known human pathogen can survive in beer' ad nauseam until he could bring himself to drink it. He drank it to no ill effect. This is coming from a place where even the most basic sanitation and hygiene tends to fall to the wayside, where StarSan or even water that isn't contaminated with sewage is unheard of.

RDWHAHB.

or maybe even the dags or gardening, but that's unlikely too, i do a lot of garden/yard work and i horse around with my dag all the time and have never gotten sick from it.

Snatch?

Do ya like Dags?
Dags?
Dags, ya.
Ohh Dogs, yah I like Dogs.

I have no dog in this fight but your first post on page 2 came off rather abrasive, arrogant, and close minded and you didn't expect the outcome you got?? Just so you don't have to look back, here it is:

Listen to me very carefully. Could it be food? SURE! I have had it from food before not very fun. COuld it be the dogs? I doubt it! Could it be from garden dirt? HELL YES! (green manure maybe?) COuld it be from homebrew YOU BET! If anyone thinks for one minute beer cant get jacked up brother you gotta another comming! My grandfather drank a "bad beer" once and he was sitting in dark for days ill! Listen when it doubt throw it out! Why risk it? If its fuzz then no buzz. If it has hair dont you dare! Hope ya get well soon!

Even if it was the beer, I'd drink it to train my stomach to be an unstoppable beer container, capable of digesting any homebrew. Never stop training your beer drinking skills. The stomach should be a beer warrior.

++++ :fro:

Welcome to the internet? I hope that is a joke right? I been online ever since the 35 pound modems with the night rider lights on them(some of ya know what im talking about) Top that off i repair/tech support/networking so save your breath. Thats the most insulting thing i have heard all week! Congrats your a winner!

If pathogens dont grow on beer or in tell me this. Why do we sanitize everything? Why even bother?

Bobby my skin is plenty thick i didnt get the title crazy mike for nothing. So what your saying is b/c i had a few beers i can raise hell on this forum? Im trying to be on best behavior here but if everybody wants me to say exactly whats on my mind then i will. Im trying to be nice and i keep getting called everything from dumb to dumber! Who the hell pissed in their coffee is who they should be so pi$$y with not me And you dont even come off as mildly abrasive i know exactly what your saying. I dont even think you could be mean if ya tried :)

And another thing when theres 5 people say one thing and 5000 say something else Who am i supposed to believe? Like i said why wouldnt i question something? Thats not being closed minded like others keep spewing like a bad night in mexico! If i dont question things then what? I might as well throw caution and start eating off the sidewalk.

Yeah, but we know there's an even greater threat in our beer, the dreaded dihydrogen monoxide. ;)

but serously if heard of people killed by this!!!!!! NEVER underestimate the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. Here in south africa things are so bad its basicaly raining the "stuff"

Bwhaaaaahhaaaa.....good one, took me a minute, but good one!!!

If pathogens dont grow on beer or in tell me this. Why do we sanitize everything? Why even bother?

Because wild yeasts and other microbes can grow in your beer and ruin the flavor/character before it can properly ferment if you fail to sanitize properly.

And another thing when theres 5 people say one thing and 5000 say something else Who am i supposed to believe? Like i said why wouldnt i question something? Thats not being closed minded like others keep spewing like a bad night in mexico! If i dont question things then what? I might as well throw caution and start eating off the sidewalk.

Questioning is awesome. Not reading the links given, then holding an opinion in the face of scientific fact (with no evidence to support your hunches) is not.

Because wild yeasts and other microbes can grow in your beer and ruin the flavor/character before it can properly ferment if you fail to sanitize properly.

Questioning is awesome. Not reading the links given, then holding an opinion in the face of scientific fact (with no evidence to support your hunches) is not.

+1 on this response

Pathogens are infectious agents that cause disease in the host.

Spoilage organisms, on the other hand, cause off-flavors in your beer.

Acetobacter is a spoilage organism that will cause your beer to taste like vinegar.

If you have acetobacter bacteria on your carboy, and you sanitize it, you will kill the acetobacter bacteria and they will not spoil your beer.

Acetobacter is not a pathogen and many people eat vinegar regularly without getting sick and dying.

There are other examples, as well.

I do read the links forgive me if i miss one or two its kinda hard to keep up with everything b/c as soon as i type something 15 post have happened. Im not reading something that there girlfriends sisters mother father uncle said. I wanna here it from people that have had first hand experience and be able to trust that they are telling me the truth. And i know what your thinking as soon as i said that "why would i lie?" Well i personally dont know you people Have to see it from my perspective too. Road goes both ways. I can post any link or say anything that dont make it true. Just like the whole sulfur thing "YEAH YEAH NOT THIS AGAIN!" Some said dunkel smell like that others say no. What am i supposed to do with that? Either someone is doing something wrong or right. Let me ask ya this take two same beers one smelly ones not which one would you grab? 9 times out of 10 im betting the non smelly beer correct? What about growth too. Would you grab the beer with fuzz or the one without? If you say with fuzz and or smell well i just dont understand that. I want my beer to look and smell great!

I drink apple cider vinegar for ingestion(b/c those lil pieces of chalk GAG ME!) and it works great yeah i hear ya on the vinegar thing.

I do read the links forgive me if i miss one or two its kinda hard to keep up with everything b/c as soon as i type something 15 post have happened. Im not reading something that there girlfriends sisters mother father uncle said. I wanna here it from people that have had first hand experience and be able to trust that they are telling me the truth. And i know what your thinking as soon as i said that "why would i lie?" Well i personally dont know you people Have to see it from my perspective too. Road goes both ways. I can post any link or say anything that dont make it true. Just like the whole sulfur thing "YEAH YEAH NOT THIS AGAIN!" Some said dunkel smell like that others say no. What am i supposed to do with that? Either someone is doing something wrong or right. Let me ask ya this take two same beers one smelly ones not which one would you grab? 9 times out of 10 im betting the non smelly beer correct? What about growth too. Would you grab the beer with fuzz or the one without? If you say with fuzz and or smell well i just dont understand that. I want my beer to look and smell great!

I drink apple cider vinegar for ingestion(b/c those lil pieces of chalk GAG ME!) and it works great yeah i hear ya on the vinegar thing.

Revvy gave you links that have nothing to do with someone's girlfriends sisters mother father uncle stating it. I would imagine that is why people keep calling you out.

I am also curious about where these 5000 people are that you keep referring to that disagree with science?

As someone else stated, if I were a Mod I would be concerned that a beginner might take away some false information from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back