• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SoCal 4-tap Setup Complete w 30lb tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

replytonick

Reaction score
Ok, so have a sweet setup I don't use much anymore, the small think it was 5cuft chest freezer it sits on motor gave up the ghost. Just me drinking the occassional bottle these days, so overkill for my needs, but can make your place the summertime envy for a very small footprint.

I cleaned the corny ball lock kegs, the inside tubing, brass manifold with 4 independent shutoffs, could use some cleaning as I transferred what little beer into bottles but it did get a bit icky inside. I will let you take the whole thing and prefer it that way to be honest, the freezer could be cleaned up and used as a giant ice box/cooler outside (it's only about 30 x 36 or so).

Johnson Themostat - A19AAT (non-digital one)
4 ball lock corny kegs (these seem to be getting harder to get)
30lb co2 tank that is 2/3 full (this is not your tiny 5lb tank, much more cost effective to charge at industrial gas supply)
4 faucets with the standard handles as in pics. These are not the budget kind, but full-on commercial bar quality heavy plated chrome on brass.
4 shanks with 1/4 tubing tailpiece/nipples on the end, think all are 8". They could fit through a fridge wall if you want. Again, these are heavy brass with quality chrome job (probably triple plated)..
4-way manifold with individual keg shutoffs
It's all mounted to furniture grade plywood I had planned on staining but never got to it. It may be worth taking it all as this way you could rig it to a larger chest freezer maybe and use remainder of the freezer for food, supplies, etc.

I'd prefer to see it gone in one swoop, fairly priced for the bar quality it is (it was built up from a former commercial bar and chicompany quality parts. Not really looking to part it out at this point or bother with the hassle. Someone in SoCal I'm sure can brew some great backyard gatheirngs using this as the ultimate man cave build I'm sure.

I'm looking for $500 at this point, you may just be able to find a sub $100 small chest freezer for it as it seems they're all pretty standard sizes. Either the motor gave out or it's low on freon, not worth repair, it kept 55 degrees and motor just kept going when I turned it off. Someone should have fun with it all as a setup.

e-mail is best:
replytonick (at symbol) gmail dot com

If you decide to party out I'm interested in corny kegs and co2 bottle.

Where in so cal are you

North OC Near Coast -HB Area.
Not interested in parting. Not sure if my pic is coming through (we need a host?), it's very compact for 4 taps. I built wood on top of a think it was 5cuft chest freezer and in doing that it's raised a bit so I kept my yeast mason jars on bottom coldest part.

any chance you know the model of the freezer?

i'd be interested if it were reasonably easy to find a new motor for it

Not worth the effort. It's old and the charge unless your licensed is more than probably a motor. They purposely clamp off the newer/cheaper fridge/freezers you may notice, they're not really serviceable.

I believe you can just take this off, keep the lid that fits right and swings open, and pop it on top of another freezer. They all come out of the same couple factories, measurements shouldn't be far off. You can most likely rig it on a bigger chest freezer, probably even chop the bigger lid down the middle, insulate a bit at mating points, and use the rest for food, refridgerated storage, etc., one side taps and other side whatever else, as the coolant lines don't generally run through the lid in chest freezers. Or just a regular fridge through the door mount. I just hate to see my rigged top go to waste. At worst take the freezer and use it as a giant party cooler in the yard, buy some brush on enamel and paint whatever color you want.

Anyone looking for a 4-tap compact setup. Find a newer sub-$100 small 7cuft chest freezer and you're set to go. Maybe it's the holiday, I know how long it took me to piece together.

Back