Yeast and beer, Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayvins

Reaction score
A friend of mine has contracted Lymes Disease, for the 2nd time.

A new therapy is eliminating as much yeast as possible. The disease feeds off of yeast and sugars.

I have him checking with the doctors to see if it is active yeast or if dead cells make a differance.

My question,from him, Which beers would have the least amount of yeast used in the brewing process? Ales, lager, lights, stouts, etc..

Any replys would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Steve

Probably lagers, but with most clear beer, the yeast has mostly settled. For homebrew, you can filter the yeast out and force carbonate in a keg system. My question to you is, if you friend has a disease that gets worse from yeast and sugar, why would he want to drink something made out of yeast and sugar??? :) Welcome to the forum.

Oh, btw, it's not a matter of the amount of yeast in the brewing process - all beer is brewed with as much yeast as the beer can handle. The yeast just propogates itself until the beer is saturated. But after the yeast is done, commercial brewers generally filter the beer to remove the yeast. So Bud, for example, doesn't have any yeast in it. Hefes, on the other hand, are unfiltered and have lots of yeast. That's why they're cloudy.

Thanks Kephren.
So would it be safe to say that Becks(his favorite) has no yeast left over?

He is trying to find something that he can drink for the next 6 months.

I don't drink Becks, so I don't know. It's a clear-ish lager, right? So little to no yeast. May be able to get a "contact us" link from their website.

Most of all the commercial brews wether be domestic, imported, ale or lager are filtered to remove haze and yeast for stabilty purposes. The few brands of brews that still contain yeast are poud to let you know this on the label.

Back