McCormicks root beer extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmcoklahoma

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for this? I tried it this evening with 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 tsp of the extract with one liter of club soda. Boiled the water, disolved sugar and added the extract then let it cool. Then I added the club soda and refrigerated. It tastes more like licorice more then anything. Any tips?

I've made soda with that using honey rather than sugar and I like it. I carbed mine using yeast and refrigerated after a few days once it got to a carbonation level I liked.

I did 2 cups of sugar, mixing white cane sugar with brown sugar. Used 2 tablespoons McCormick's (for one gallon of soda) and 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract. I used 1/4 teaspoon Nottingham Ale yeast. It came out pretty good - but a little sweeter than I like. Next time I'll bring it down to 1.75 cups of sugar (or mix of cane sugar, brown sugar and clover honey).

Using Rainbow rootbeer now (it was at my LHBS) - but McCormick's was good, too.

Back