2008 Sierra Nevada Big Foot Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
I know It might be early, but has anyone cellaring the 2008 Big Foot ale had a taste recently? Im drinking one tonight. The Bitterness has definately mellowed a bit. The sweetness of the malt has come through, and there is some oak flavor that was not as evident originally. I have 5 more aging, and Im gonna pick up the last 6 pack at the liquor store I work at, I cant wait to taste this beer in a couple of years.

I tried it about a month ago and I couldn't pick up any difference at all from the fresh product. I'm going to do a formal write-up on a bottle soon, then it's one a year until they are gone.

I'm getting ready to do a group tasting with some friends, so far I have
06 Bigfoot
07 Bigfoot
08 Bigfoot
Skullsplitter
2007 Flying Dog Horn Dog
2007 Clipper City Below Decks
2008 North Coast Stock Ale
St Arnolds Divine #6 ( thanks EdWort)
2006 Samiclaus
Avery Samaels

It should be a tasty night.

Tried one of the 08's yesterday, and didn't notice any difference. The hops were maybe not quite as fresh as they were a few months ago, but that's it.

At Bottleworks in Seattle they had 03 and 04 for sale and I got to try them both. They tasted good, but I think the 03 was well past its prime.

Latest posts

Back