Thank You HBT'ers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friscobrewer

Reaction score
I am brewing my third batch right now since coming off a 5 year break from brewing.

My first attempt back was before I found HBT. I made a lot of stupid mistakes.

Since finding HBT, I have really learned a lot of great techniques.
1. I am now up to full 5 gallon boils.
2. Use my home made wort chiller.
3. Have fallen in love with star san, much better than iodophor.
4. Have a squirt bottle of star san around now.
5. Am using a styrofoam box w/ rubbermaid bucket and an ice bath to control fermentation temps.
6. I am letting beer ferment/condition a lot longer.

Plus I am learning more all the time. As soon as I get a second freezer I will get back to kegging.

Thanks Everyone!

Welcome back to the best hobby around. It's amazing what a few small improvements to your process can do for your results. Glad its going well for you.

Cheers

In terms of beer quality, all improvements that you list will increase beer quality. Letting the beer age longer (yeah, it is tough) will increase the flavor. You must have more on hand in order to do this!

To be really a happy brewer you should keep brewing new batches every other week. Keep good notes and you will discover what needs attention. Ferment at the proper temperatures and be sanitary at all times. Your beer will be extremely good for your efforts.

Welcome back to brewing and I also have picked up so much from this site. Now just to fill up that pipeline, find a few 5 gal bright / conditioning carboys and your be even happier when you get your keggerator up and operational.

Latest posts

Back