• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Mash tun stand with pump mount

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdjshaw

Reaction score
Make your brew day easier with this mash/lauter tun stand that I converted from a basic shelving unit. I used it to set my 10 gal cooler on it and it worked great - you could also use a regular kettle or keggle as well. The top and middle shelves are cabinet grade finished plywood and the middle shelf is drilled out for mounting a March or Chugger style pump. Included is a power strip mounted under the top shelf which functions as the pump on/off switch, as well as the mounting hardware for the pump.
I was trying to accomplish a few things with this and it fits the bill pretty well: get my mash tun off the ground, mount my pump off the ground and protect it from liquids and be able to easily turn the pump on and off with a conveniently located switch.
Unit is rated for 250#/shelf, total 750# and is 14" W X 24" D X (up to) 30" H. Adjustable shelves and leveling feet.
I have included an overall photo of how I used this in my setup and a close up of the unit itself. NONE OF THE OTHER EQUIPMENT IS INCLUDED AND/OR FOR SALE.
Asking $25

DSC03832.jpg

photo-29.jpg

Not really related to the item in the post...but you have your pump head mounted incorrectly the IN should be facing down and the OUT should be facing up... Though the mount on the stand is still solid...you just need to undo the 4 screws on the pump head and rotate it 90 degrees ;-)

Not really related to the item in the post...but you have your pump head mounted incorrectly the IN should be facing down and the OUT should be facing up... Though the mount on the stand is still solid...you just need to undo the 4 screws on the pump head and rotate it 90 degrees ;-)

That is the "ideal" way according to March but it works perfectly fine this way. Since going to "full bore" 1/2" fittings i have ZERO problems with priming and cavitation. The OUT is still higher than the IN, though less so than the way you describe. One reason I like my pump oriented horizontally is less chance of spilling liquid on/into the pump motor when disconnecting a hose from the OUT side .

Yeah it will work fine with the mash oriented that way...but try it with the boil and it will cavitate. It's a simple procedure to rotate the head on your pump... Just figured the info might help out whomever purchases this. Since the 'default' configuration of the march pumps is as you have yours pictured. The actual pump can be mounted any which way so the stand is still a solid buy. I would even be tempted at $20 if I were local. Those little shelves alone cost more than that. :D

Back