Counter pressure filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeLordBrewing

Reaction score
hey everyone I decided to construct my own counter pressure filler after pricing one out at the local home brew shop.

I followed the instructions from this link
http://hbd.org/mtippin/cpfiller.html

in the link the builder explains of soaking the brass items in a solution of 2 parts white Vinegar to 1 part hydrogen peroxide for 15 minutes at room temperature to remove the surface lead, does this have to be performed every time?? or just once for the initial build?? Of course the items will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized with starsan prior to the build, and before/in between uses.

I was able to score most of the brass fittings, and stainless tube through my work at the cost of FREE!!! ha ha ended up having to purchase 3-90 degree brass valves, and 1 needle valve, (the other 90 degree valve to be used off the CO2 tank with a "T" fitting to supply the counter pressure filler). My counter pressure filler ended up costing me a whopping $20.00 vs the $99.00 counter filler + the $9.99 fitting kit the home brew shop offered. :ban:

Well let's see how it turns out and get pictures of it in action!
As for soaking it to remove any lead, you should only need to do it one time if it actually removes the lead.

I have a CP Bottler and a BeerGun. While I think the CP Bottler may do a better job of keeping O2 out of your bottles, it's a PITA compared to the BeerGun. I doubt I'll ever use the CP Bottler again.

I like the ease of use with the beer gun, but prefer the ability to fill under pressure. Plus I didn't spend an arm and a leg so I am interested in seeing how well it works.

IMAG0996.jpg

Spartan1979 said:
I have a CP Bottler and a BeerGun. While I think the CP Bottler may do a better job of keeping O2 out of your bottles, it's a PITA compared to the BeerGun. I doubt I'll ever use the CP Bottler again.

Want to sell that CP filler cheap!!

You only need to remove the surface lead once. If you soak it too long and the water turns dark, then you need to start over or you'll still have lead.

the water turned blue-ish in color, (only soaked for 15 minutes) then soaked in starsan for 5 minutes, (It never got dark) so I think I should be ok, thank you for your reply.

Back