Going to Seattle....any recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog68

Reaction score
I am traveling to Seattle tomorrow to do some fishing and was wondering if any of you have some recommendations for breweries or restaurants in the area. I have the whole day to kill, so any other activities would be great too! :mug:

My favorite brewery in the city and probably the most overlooked is Big Time in the U district. They don't bottle their beer, so it makes it even more important to stop there.

right on, i knew my fellow HBT'ers wouldn't let me down. Looks like some great establishments, thanks alot guys. Can't wait to get out of the heat and drink some beer in a foreign land! :rockin:

Naked City, the Elysian, Brouwers are all good...good luck on getting out of the heat, its supposed to be 90 tomorrow.

One of the funnest trips I ever took was kayaking across lake Washington and up the Samamish (sp?) slough to the Red Hook brewery. Got there just as the sun was going down.

I got off the airplane (from Tampa) with nothing but a small backpack. Taxi took a friend and I to the outfitter on the lake. We stuck our gear in the kayaks; we left the kayaks at the brewery and the outfitter picked them up (presumably) the next day.

The current picks up significantly at places where the slough thins, so I wouldn't try this unless you are a strong paddler. There is a great little hotel right next to the brewery.

The Hop Vine in capitol hill has a great local beer selection and amazing pizza

The Dray is a soccer bar that has some great beer

big time brewery has a huge amount of their own beers on tap (try the trombipulator) and also has amazing pizza

The fiddler is in wedgewood has great beers, and great patio seating with hops growing all around you.

The Hop Vine in capitol hill has a great local beer selection and amazing pizza

The Dray is a soccer bar that has some great beer

big time brewery has a huge amount of their own beers on tap (try the trombipulator) and also has amazing pizza

The fiddler is in wedgewood has great beers, and great patio seating with hops growing all around you.

Oh, the Hop Vine is good, AND its really close to Victrola, if you want some coffee.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Redhook n Woodinville is pretty nice. Brewery tours if you like, taster setups and some pretty good food.

My wife is more of a wine person and there are two wineries just around the corner.

Thanks to all for the recommendations, too bad i only had time to visit Pikes. After 2 monks uncles (9%abv) and a couple others i wasn't in any shape to be driving around an unfamiliar city:drunk: Great place though, good food, great beer and great service-what more could you ask for? That pikes market is something, some interesting peeps up there. i thought i was in Venice Beach for a minute!:fro:

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Redhook n Woodinville is pretty nice. Brewery tours if you like, taster setups and some pretty good food.

My wife is more of a wine person and there are two wineries just around the corner.

+1 on this, i went to Red Hook and the two wineries one day :drunk: that was allot of fun and Woodinville is a beautiful town.

Thanks to all for the recommendations, too bad i only had time to visit Pikes. After 2 monks uncles (9%abv) and a couple others i wasn't in any shape to be driving around an unfamiliar city:drunk:

Probably a good idea because i swear the city was planned by a bunch of drunk guys that just said lets put a road here and another one over here and make em twist around and not have any right angle corners.

So anyone not familiar with it will have problems.

Probably a good idea because i swear the city was planned by a bunch of drunk guys that just said lets put a road here and another one over here and make em twist around and not have any right angle corners.

So anyone not familiar with it will have problems.

Huh? Streets are in alphabetical order East/West and numerical North/South. Ain't that hard.

Thanks to all for the recommendations, too bad i only had time to visit Pikes. After 2 monks uncles (9%abv) and a couple others i wasn't in any shape to be driving around an unfamiliar city:drunk: Great place though, good food, great beer and great service-what more could you ask for? That pikes market is something, some interesting peeps up there. i thought i was in Venice Beach for a minute!:fro:

Yeah Pike Place Market is pretty cool. Hope it wasn't raining;) If it was then I hope you were able to keep the umbrella open!

Anyway yeah Redhook is pretty cool even if you don't like bud, they have good food.

Trombipulator @bigtime brewery! anyone have this recipe? they just had a cherry trom at brewers festival, really wanna get my hands on some

Back